Equipment Review and Discussion :: Review: Eheim Everyday Automatic Turtle Feeder

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm   Review: Eheim Everyday Automatic Turtle Feeder

There is also a Eheim Everyday Automatic Fish Feeder that is basically the exact same thing, you can find the fish version cheaper on ebay. It attaches to your aquarium rim via plastic thumb screw or you can just rest it on top of the canopy.

The operation of the unit is pretty simple, fill the container full of pellet food, adjust the opening of the little door so that it drops the desired amount of food, and set the feeding time. The translucent box rotates so food falls from the opening. You can set it to do one rotation of multiple rotations and multiple feeding times. There is also a button you can press to manually feed.

Pros:
* Simple setup and operation, very configurable
* Included batteries lasting over a year now on 1 feeding a day
* Has a fan to help food stay dry and fresh

Cons:
* I find it works better with round pellet food or food that has a consistant size
* Not super accurate, doesn't deliver the exact same amount of food every time
devilduck

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:15 am   Re: Review: Eheim Everyday Automatic Turtle Feeder

That's the feeder I use on my planted tank.

I agree with your pro/con list. It's a great feeder if you buy it online and don't pay retail for it.

I do wish it had an option for a power cord.
VeipaCray

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 pm   Re: Review: Eheim Everyday Automatic Turtle Feeder

A power cord is a great idea Veipa! If your handy you can probably rig up a power cord with a 3V DC power adapter from an old cell phone.
The batteries do last a long time though.
devilduck

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion