Equipment Review and Discussion :: Temperate controller

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:19 am   Temperate controller

After years of struggling with heater reliability and accuracy, I decided to try the jbj trutemp titanium heater. It worked great for about the first 8 months and now the controller unit is failing. So my question is, has anyone here used any of the ranco aqua stats or any other ranco controller? I've read on some other forums and reef tankers swear by them.
FOR THE HORDE!
str1p

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:41 pm   Re: Temperate controller

I've been looking in to these controllers too as an added safety feature. If something if good enough for reef keepers with thousands of dollars in coral and fish, it's good enough for a turtle tank!
devilduck

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 am   Re: Temperate controller

Ranco controllers are great as they are commercial pieces of equipment. However, for about the same price you can get a digital aquatics aquarium controller (the reef keeper light). It will come with a temperature probe, a brain, and 4 controlable outlets. Plug your heater into one of the outlets and you're all set. Now you have 3 more outlets to control lighting or whatever else you'd like :D
VeipaCray

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm   Re: Temperate controller

I've used the BlueLine temperature controllers on my reef tanks with good success and they are much cheaper... http://www.championlighting.com/product ... 413&page=1
DavidY

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion