Equipment Review and Discussion :: GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:06 pm   GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

Hello everyone what kind of Gfci outlets and automatic light timers do you use? I got a brinks timer from walmart. It was a waste of time never worked I returned it. So what do you guys use?
talal

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:58 am   Re: GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

This thread goes over GFCI... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29049

As for a timer, I picked up a surge protector with a built in timer which is very similar to http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=23651
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:14 am   Re: GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

Thanks steve
talal

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 am   Re: GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

I have both. I just got a gfci adapter at lowes for like 10 bucks and I got the digital lights timer by CORALIFE. I love it, recommend 1000 percent for turtles. I can't recommend it enough. The downside is no battery backup so every time it loses power you have to reprogram it. It makes life grand with turtles though.
Starscream

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 pm   Re: GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

A lot of those gfci adapters need to be reset after losing power as well.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:06 am   Re: GFCI Outlet and Automatic light timer

steve wrote:A lot of those gfci adapters need to be reset after losing power as well.

Funny about that. I bought two GFCI devices at the same time, same model. One is on the old 20 gallon turtle tank that is now a fish tank, and the other on the current turtle tank. The fish tank one needs a reset after any power glitch, even a sub second outage. The turtle tank one has never had an issue.

I'm sure it's an issue with the circuit and not the devices.
Tobi a RES born in 2012
1 dog, 1 teenager, 3 aquariums filled with fish, snails, shrimp and a bit of algae
ljapa

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion