Equipment Review and Discussion :: New tank for Adult Slider - Need lighting help

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:07 am   Re: New tank for Adult Slider - Need lighting help

55 Gallons, the tank will be full almost to the top with the basking platform on top. I found one on eBay, new in the box for 275$ which is much cheaper that I found one anywhere else. I really want this to be the last filter I buy, even if I move to an even larger tank.
Mimi2cas

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm   Re: New tank for Adult Slider - Need lighting help

Is it the FX5 or FX6? A few people are using those in 55-ish gallon tanks. I think it's too much but it does work for some people.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 pm   Re: New tank for Adult Slider - Need lighting help

It is an FX5. The flow rate is supposed to be adjustable so I thought it would be a good fit. Yertle does make a mess in his tank and I like it clear with as little stuff floating in it as possible. Plus the filter will be on the bottom of the tank stand which is 40" high plus the tank height so that will affect performance to a degree. I hope it works out, if not I will be putting it back on ebay myself.
Mimi2cas

Previous

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion