Equipment Review and Discussion :: PlyWood aquarium

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:52 pm   PlyWood aquarium

Hello
i am planing to make a plywood aquarium. i need help choosing right equipment to do it with . in my country only waterproof pain i can get is
http://www.drfixit.co.in/product-detail ... 1-209.html

I need help if this paint will be suitable for turtles and also it is usable to use inside of a aquarium at all.

And i am planing to keep my aquarium outside ( it will have normal daylight ) so with them do i still need to put UV-B ? and

Another concern is my weather gets really hot sometime to like 40-45 deg in summer and in winter it comes down towards 16-20. i can give them water heater for winter time but my summer will be they able to survive in that heat ?
ashraful

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:19 am   Re: PlyWood aquarium

I don't think that paint would be suitable. If they are outside, they will get UVB from the sun. 16-20C might be fine for older turtles. 40-45C is too hot, the tank would need to be pretty large and deep.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:25 pm   Re: PlyWood aquarium

The only suitable coatings for plywood aquarium I know of are either non toxic epoxy (like pond armor ) or liquid rubber, although I'm not familiar with what kinds. I've also seen people use Drylok, which is used for sealing masonry in basements, but again, I'm not familiar with what kind exactly.

Have you considered an outdoor pond?
OtisDriftwood

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion