Online Links and Deals :: Online Stores

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:32 am   Online Stores

Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:48 pm   

I have got to tell you all... I have orderd sevral things from Big Als. They are a great company. I always said I don't want to start ordering online because I don't want to pay shipping costs. Well most of their stuff is still cheaper then any reptile store around town including shipping! Just thought I would put my 2 cents in. :lol:
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:41 pm   

My favourite is Petsmart.com

http://www.petsmart.com/ps/main.jsp

they're the only site I've found that always has what I need AND they ship to Canada :D They're really quick too. I always get my stuff in less than a week!
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:53 pm   

Less than a week!! Holy cow. With Big Als it usually takes them about a week and a half. Hmmmmm, maybe its time I take a peek at petsmart, huh. I really need to buy a good filter and was thinkin about getting a XP3. I will look at petsmart and see if they carry that and what the shipping is. I will post back with my findings and let everyone know who is cheapest. Thanks Jenaero!
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:59 pm   

Best price for the xp3 is at Big Al's. We just got one from there and it took about a week and a half to get to FLA. I would advise getting any extra filter media at the same time to conserve shipping costs later. :wink:
RES Tampa

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:04 pm   

jenaero.. you could also order from Petsmart Canada too, y'know!!!? :]
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:45 am   

and I could do that how? There is no Petsmart.ca...am I missing something?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:30 pm   

we have 2 Big Al's here. I went for the tanks, but I went back for the sharks. Big Al's rivals the city's aquarium!!!. It's a great place. We picked up a 40 gallon long tank there for 50 bucks CAD. it was a 'floor model' used to show off the filters they had. what a sweet deal!
bradhart

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:08 pm   

petsmart.com check out the store locator..

40 YMCA Drive Saint Catharines ON L2N746
905-934-6060

bradhart.. geez.. are you a mind reader.. or an exact copy of me? hehe.. we have two Big Als here in ottawa, and I bought a 50 gallon showroom tank for 45 bucks.. they were moving to a different location and sold off all their old tanks. too bad i didn't get there in time for the bigger ones.. :] the 100s went for 70 bucks
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:15 pm   

Ok, heres the price comparison on the XP3 shipping included. Petsmart.com was 127.08 and Bigalsonline.com was 109.94. I signed up for the club thing at petsmart hoping they will e-mail me some discount offers :P
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:28 pm   

go to http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

on the left hand side, look for Catalog Quick Order

then enter this
PY-907364

(py) is the prefix
(907364) is item #

price is $95.99, shipping is $9.99

i do not know if the ship to canada

-s
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:15 am   

wow.. makes me feel like an idiot for paying 200 for mine at big als. 229 if i'm not mistaken.. tax included.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:43 am   

Adam, Thanks for the info. :D Turns out I'd have to order from the US anyway, as I've been to petsmart in st. cath many times and they never have exactly what I'm looking for at the time. The site always does.
jenaero

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:48 am   

would any of the online stores you go to pricematch? maybe you can save a few more bucks that way
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:46 pm   

I think we canucks have something wrong with us and going to Big Al's! I have only one here, but I am in there SO much other customers think I work there! But Kevin (my soon to be hubby) got his 90 gallon with oak stand and hood for $600 with tax, normally about double. But then it was also boxing week. I am actually really mad about him getting rid of it for the 125 gallon. I didn't have the turtle yet and assumed I wouldn't need a tank that size for any reason :lol: ! Oh well I am stuck with 72 gallon bow front for now, which needs to be upgraded ASAP.
Stacey

Next

Return to Online Links and Deals