Photo Gallery :: Tank setup completed. (The turtles have landed)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:40 am   

After heating, the bend hasn't changed. The basking area on my 90 gal does sag slightly in the center, probably because it's wider but not enough to concern me.
grey goose

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:59 pm   

I would love to copy your idea (Muahahaha) but my parents would simply not go for it... But I'll bet your turts are extremely pleased! :)
I have two baby RES; Emerald(Emmie or Rocky for short, plus she has green ears!) and Pretty. (Don't ask me about her name. My brother named her. He's only 6 1/2.)
yertle_the_girl_turtle

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:17 pm   

Yes they are! They love the basking ramp and every night they sleep on the resting area. I'm trying to figure a way of getting a pic of them sleeping without scaring them.....
grey goose

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:36 pm   

yeah your turtes are in heaven they must really love you
timmy- baby painted
tiny- baby res
c.dorrance

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:25 pm   

I'm very late in posting on this, but i've been absent from the forum for a few months.

Like everyone else I love the setup! It's giving me many ideas on what to do with my new tank upgrade. Like you I just got a 55 gallon for free. I have had my RES for 18 years now, so he's quite a bit bigger than most of the turts on here. So I have a few more issues to consider than most, such as size and weight factor of Mr. Turtle. I am wanting to get some plants for him but can't decide if he will just tear up artificial ones, or real ones for that matter! He's never had them before.

I'm definately going to steal your rubbermaid rock holder idea! He loves to play with rocks, but i've had to remove them because he makes so much noise moving them around! It will also be a great way to add his bubble stone back in. He always dislodged it from the bottom of the tank to where it would float.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas! Keep us posted how everything is working out for your little guys :)
tissigirl

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:26 am   

that looks just amazing! :o
lucky lucky babies! <3
-Tatiana
My babies:
(RES) Greeny - 3.5"
(YBC) Scooter - .5"
My MySpace!
tauc87

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:04 pm   

Thanks! I can't believe this thread is popping up again......Makes me proud of what I accomplished with a little ( :roll: ) trial and error.
The rocks in the little tupperware containers makes it soooo much easier to keep things clean at the bottom of the tank, and it keeps my guys busy when I hide little bits of carrots or other treats in them. They have loved that PVC pipe from day one, and they still swim in and out of it all day long.
Here's a pic of a very young Beaker cruising thru the pipe:
"Make it turtle proof, and they'll build a better turtle."
grey goose

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:14 pm   

Wow he sure was tiny back then! :)
DavidY

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:37 pm   

LOL I kinda wish she would stop growing, she's turning into a real handful! I swear I've handled wild turts that have been much calmer than she is....you would think by now she would get a little friendly with the Big Head but oh no, not Beaker!
grey goose

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:35 pm   

LOVE THIS TANK nice job
ashleygamergirl

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:07 pm   

Thank you. :) I know I've been saying this for months, but I really AM working on a 30 gallon tank using this design. In fact, I should finish the basking/resting part by Wednesday. I'll post some pics......
grey goose

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:42 pm   

What is the thing that is making the bubbles? Is that a bubble disk? What kind of tubing are you using for that? I just got one the other day but dont have any tubing..
And in the picture on the first page...is there 3 turtles in the pipe? I thought you only had 2..?
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
emma

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:47 pm   

Had Beaker recently eaten some carrots when that picture was taken? :D
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
Starchick

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 pm   

Yup, thats a bubble disc. The blue tubing is pure silicone. They cost a couple bucks more than the clear plastic ones but they last longer.
I started out with three: Beaker, Gomie, and Big Daddy (male), BD went to live with my nephew and is doing fine.....His claws are really long!

Starchick, she probably did! She loves those carrots! :P
grey goose

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:00 pm   

Cool! Thanks for the info! :)
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
emma

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery