Online Links and Deals :: FILSTAR XP Filter

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:47 pm   

I've heard this is an excellent filter--I've never heard a bad thing about it. Considering the absurd price for shipping the XP3, I think you did really well. :D
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:02 pm   

I just ordered the XP3 from drfostersmith.com. This will be my first canister filter. Can't wait til it gets here. Beyond what comes with it I ordered the ceramic rings. Based on reading this thread that seemed to be everything I need.
Spookster

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:39 pm   

It's good value for the money and should do an adequate job of helping keep the water clean. What size tank are you putting it in?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:55 pm   

I am working on getting a 90 gallon tank.
Spookster

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:55 pm   

marisa wrote:It's good value for the money and should do an adequate job of helping keep the water clean. What size tank are you putting it in?

I'm putting mine in a 50 gallon tank... thats assuming you were asking me the question... thought I would answer anyway :P
Hammy
Hammy

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:22 pm   

Well, I was originally asking Spookster, but if you're going to put that Eheim 2028 in a 50-gallon, Hammy, the water should be sparkling. (And a belated happy b day to you). :D
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:34 am   

Thanks Marisa :)
Hammy
Hammy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:49 pm   

I know this started out as a thread for the XP3 filter and I kinda hi-jacked it for my own use... for that I apologise...

As for my main reason for replying to this thread again - My NEW FILTER ARRIVED!! <insert big old smile here>

I only got it set up tonight, so will give it a few days then will try my best to write a decent review on it... covering as much as I can possibly think of at the time...

Its nice!
Hammy
Hammy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:10 pm   

This should be good. :D Everyone I've read about who has this filter seems to love it.
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:18 pm   

Hammy wrote:I know this started out as a thread for the XP3 filter and I kinda hi-jacked it for my own use... for that I apologise...

As for my main reason for replying to this thread again - My NEW FILTER ARRIVED!! <insert big old smile here>

I only got it set up tonight, so will give it a few days then will try my best to write a decent review on it... covering as much as I can possibly think of at the time...

Its nice!

Mine arrives this Friday. :)
Spookster

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:23 pm   

Spookster wrote:Mine arrives this Friday. :)

This is my first cannister filter too - and as a complete novice I was sure to spill water everywhere right? - unfortunately I did! I managed to disconnect the hose and ALL the water ran out of it - so my advice is to be careful. And good luck with it!
Hammy
Hammy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:51 pm   

Thank's for the tip.
Spookster

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:51 pm   

Hammy wrote:
Spookster wrote:Mine arrives this Friday. :)

This is my first cannister filter too - and as a complete novice I was sure to spill water everywhere right? - unfortunately I did! I managed to disconnect the hose and ALL the water ran out of it - so my advice is to be careful. And good luck with it!

I found that if I lift the release lever and just let the unit sit for a little while, it doesn't really spill any water. I think it just needs time to depressurize.
jdub1107

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:42 pm   

I think my first error was to try and release it while the cannister was still plugged in... so it was all my own fault/stupidity!
Hammy
Hammy

Previous

Return to Online Links and Deals