Feeding and Nutrition :: 2 Quick Questions now

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:59 pm   2 Quick Questions now

I know I'm asking a lot of questions today but this one keeps coming into my head...

Can a betta live with a turtle?

Since Michelangelo has not eatten his guppies I'm wanting to put a betta in there (I saw a beautiful gold betta today and really want it...) Would he eat it? And if he does it (I would hope not) would it be healthy for him?

Just a thought cause I really don't have anymore betta tanks and I really want that gold one!

By the way he keeps eating my ghost shrimp!! He's biting them in half and eating out their guts and leaving the shell. I want to keep ghost shrimp in the tank but I know that they are high in protein. Should I get more or not?
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:02 am   

If the betta is something you 'really want' as a pet, don't put it in with the turtle. He'll be lunch before you know it. They're not fast moving fish and with the bright colours and long fins, it will attract your turt for sure.

Not sure what to tell you about the shrimp. Mine have never been able to catch them. Are you keeping them for cleaning the tank? If so, guppies and rosy red minnows are pretty good tank maids.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:50 pm   

Yeah I was keeping the shrimp for cleaning the tank, so far, I know four are still alive. And I've got guppies since he isn't eating them and the snails too. I'm just surprised though that he actually ate the shrimp. Just bit the buggers right in half and ate out the guts!
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Return to Feeding and Nutrition