Online Links and Deals :: Pet Perks

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:00 pm   Pet Perks

This isnt really online, but for anyone who shops at petsmart, get a pet perks card, i just got one today, free, its like a library card, use it when you buy something, i saved $10 today, ended up paying $20 for some ornaments and an anachris. So get one if you go to petsmart.
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:19 pm   

I have one of those and I save even more by printing out what I want to buy from their online shop and taking it with me when I go. I've said $20 on one filter already without the pet perks card. Just a reminder that they do price match with their online prices :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:25 pm   

You know pet perks it there to gather your shopping habits so they can try to sell you more and then so they can sell some of the information to other companies (...sometimes to competitors as well). :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:28 pm   

i like my pet perks, they had a 50 gallon, it had a $100 pet perks discount
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:26 pm   

The only thing I've gotten so far from a Pet Perks card is a coupon in the mail for $3 off an aquatic plant of my choosing. How did they know I was interested in aquatic plants? From keeping a record of what I had purchased in the past when I used my Pet Perks card...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:29 pm   

Odd, I've never gotten any sort of mail from them. I sure could use some extra perks with all the money I've spent at their store.. lol
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:08 pm   

At least the Petsmart you go to will still price match on-line retailers (mine used to). I've tried twice in the past 6 months with two different managers (one pleasant, one not), and was told each time that they had been warned to stop doing this by corporate headquarters (I used to be encouraged to price match by the staff). When I mentioned that this was a practice at some other Petsmarts, I was told that when they got in trouble for doing it, they would be stopping it too.

I think Petsmart has gone downhill since they started with the Pet Perks card. When I asked them why they now had them, I was told it was because the customers wanted them. (right).
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 am   

I'm not that lucky with the Pets perk card :(
almost all the stuff I want aren't part of pets perk deal :'(

do they really do price match online? there are things that's almost 50% off cheaper online than in the store...are you positive? :shock:
RESCHIU

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:19 pm   

It still works for some people like cam722. I used to be able to price-match at the Petsmart near me, but they stopped doing it except for their on-line store and local competitors (like Petco). You'll just have to try it and see (make sure you have the date on the print-out as well as the price). :)
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:37 pm   

I LOVE It! I do most of my turt shopping at Petsmart so when I make a purchase I give them my phone # and if the item is discounted it comes up. I don't get adversments in the mail. Which is neither good or bad to me. Its major convinence to me!!!
5sliders

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:54 pm   

i only got one cause they had a new cute cashier girl working and she asked me if i wanted one. before that i always said no. the only thing i ever buy at petsmart is feeder fish.
jeggy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:26 pm   

Price matching can pay off big time! I saved over $80 on my XP3 at Petsmart in Jacksonville, FL on the Southside. This store will price match but only from Petsmart.com. Big difference in the pricing though. I mentioned in another post that my wife and I talked about pricing the day I bought the XP3. I had been browsing online at work. When we got to the store she thought I was on crack! The sales clerk tried to defend the pricing, saying we would end up w/ about the same cost after shipping and such from the website. After confirming w/ the manager on duty they would do an adjustment for me I bought the XP3. The next morning I printed the online price and had them credit my card! Fast and simple. I agree Petperks is used to track purchasing habits and haven't really benefited from it yet. We buy alot of cat litter and food and neither is covered under Perks yet.
Cat!! Get off the d**m tank! I hope she bites you!
doomsdaybob

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:15 pm   

Wow that sounds like Wal-mart, they don't price match from their on line store but I tried it, not knowing at the time that they wouldn't, because this dvd set I wanted was twenty dollars cheaper. So I took the ad in and was like TAHDAH! Err wrong! The lady goes, ummm we don't price match what we have online because by the time you pay shipping and tax, it'll cost as much as this. I said yeah but it's WAL-MART...DUH!! I can bring in a best buy ad and you all go OH YEAH! We'll price match that! But I bring in Wal-Mart online stuff and you go nope. Go figure. Places are just picky about that price match stuff. Personally if it says it is this online, it should be that price in the store too.
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:06 pm   

Just last week I was able to price match the petsmart website. I dont know about other online retailers but they did it for there website. Like they say above it saved me $80 on my XP3.
Mobat555

Return to Online Links and Deals