Online Links and Deals :: Anacharis on Ebay Cheap!

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:40 pm   Anacharis on Ebay Cheap!

I don't know how some of you feel about ordering plants from the internet, but these prices are great. Here are some of the Ebay ones I found that are really low priced compared to the pet store

30 Strands of Anacharis
Shipping varies but for me to get them it would be 5.80
Plants 6.99
Total 12.79
So if Anacharis was 88 cents a piece the total for 30 would be 26.40 So you are getting a deal here(I'm using 88 cents because that is the cheapeast I have ever seen them)

10 bunches of Anacharis
Cost for 10 bunches 4.75
Flat rate shipping 6.50
Total 11.25
So you might be losing some money if you use the 88 cents a bunch deal because for a bunch at 10 bunches it would only be 8.8 but that's without sales tax and when can you ever find 10 bunches in one store....at least not at mine. The nice about this is that no matter how much anacharis you buy (you can get 30 bunches if you want from these people) the shipping charge will always be 6.50 never any higher. So you can actually save money here

Those were some good deals I could find. I may get some for myself so if the links don't work just type in Anacharis and do the math and find the cheap ones.
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:18 pm   

I'm going to order some plants off of Ebay. I'm getting 10 bunches of Anachars so please don't buy the lot that says 10 bunches. I'll let you guys know how well this seller does and howo the plants look. At least this is cheaper compared to going to the store and buying the anacharis and I'm hoping to have enough left over that I can try and start growing my own so I won't have to keep buying this stuff.
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:23 am   

please let us know how it is, that would be great, wonder how he's going to ship it, maybe he put them in plastic bag(fill with water) and put it in a box?
RESCHIU

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:47 am   

Yeah I have no idea but I got cheaper shipping instead of the 6.50. It was only 5.60. And I bought my ten bunches on a different link than the one above, but I'm getting it from the same seller. If all goes well I'll let you know as they should be shipped out Monday and I'll get them around Wednesday or Thursday. I figure a few plants may die on the way but that's fine as it still won't cost as much as the pet store if a few die.
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:06 am   

you get them for $.88 for one strand? man, i'm lucky, i get mine here for 6-8 strands is $1.99, no discounts :)
Elliott
ellman605

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:34 pm   

That top lady was 88 cents a strand. The 10 bunches guy I'm getting them for about a dollar a bunch, and that's with the buy it now price and the cost of shipping.
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:53 pm   

Ok I got the Anacharis today

I wasn't too happy with how it was shipped. It was in a box, and the anacharis was in a air tight sealed zip lock baggie (no water inside of it) then around the anacharis was water soaked newspaper and around that was a plastic bag. So I wasn't happy that the anacharis was not in water itself.

The anacharis looks good but smelled horrible. I've washed it several times and it still has a funky smell but not as bad. (it smelled like a dead rat when I pulled the stuff out of the bag)

The bunches are alright I had only one dead piece so far, but the bunches could have been a little bit bigger.

Overall though the stuff did arrive alright. The plants are green and some have a nice dark green range on them. I only had one dead strand so far, so all in all it isn't too bad. Just make sure you don't live too far away so that stuff gets there quick since it isn't packed in water itself.
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:48 pm   

Thanks daredevilgirl, I saw your post and I decided to buy some for the first time. I never went to any pet store and asked about the price so I'm not even sure if this is a good deal. I bought it from Jane (first link) for $7.15 BuyItNow and the shipping was $6.15 for a total of $13.30 @ 43cents a piece. The actual shipping was $5.65 but I don't mind. People should know by now that many sellers on eBay usually charge more on shipping. Overall, it took two days to come and like you said, it came in a plastic white garbage bag. However, Jane did listen to my request that I wanted some water in it after I read your experience in that matter. All the strands were dark green and I didn't get any dead strands. It seems fresh and didn't smell at all. I just washed it and threw it into my two tanks. All three of my turtles wasn't really responsive to it but after 3 minutes, that all changed. I guess since I had plastic plants on both tanks floating on top of the water caused confusion for them (since they attempted to eat those but eventually gave up).
BROOKLYN

Return to Online Links and Deals