Photo Gallery :: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:56 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

PridgNYC wrote:
ElectricTurtle wrote:Hmm, I wonder what would be the best way to do a personal feed for myself. I want to be able to monitor Tesla while I am not home. Anyone got any ideas?
(Also, sorry for rezzing this. Might not be the appropriate place to ask)

If you have Google+, you can set up a live video Hangout, and point your web cam at the tank.

Interesting, but I don't want other people to see it. Although I'm not sure how Google+ works (haven't farted around with it much). Could I maybe make a turtle Google+ for Tesla and just start a convo with myself? Wouldn't I have to be at both computers to accept?

I get paranoid when I'm at my boyfriend's or friend's houses so it would be nice to check on the lil guy once and a while... :mrgreen: I want to do some sort of live feed and not the kind where it snaps different pictures constantly. The only way I can think of doing that so far is to make my own server in my house or something.
Electrical Engineer, animal lover, video game nerd.
1 RES - Mr. Tesla
ElectricTurtle

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

ElectricTurtle wrote:
PridgNYC wrote:
ElectricTurtle wrote:Hmm, I wonder what would be the best way to do a personal feed for myself. I want to be able to monitor Tesla while I am not home. Anyone got any ideas?

If you have Google+, you can set up a live video Hangout, and point your web cam at the tank.

Interesting, but I don't want other people to see it. Although I'm not sure how Google+ works (haven't farted around with it much). Could I maybe make a turtle Google+ for Tesla and just start a convo with myself? Wouldn't I have to be at both computers to accept?

I get paranoid when I'm at my boyfriend's or friend's houses so it would be nice to check on the lil guy once and a while... :mrgreen: I want to do some sort of live feed and not the kind where it snaps different pictures constantly. The only way I can think of doing that so far is to make my own server in my house or something.

I've never done this so outside of explaining it a bit I can't be of more help but depending on the type of camera etc you can feed it to the internet but set it to where only people with the login name and pw can view the feed. I think that's actually a security feature of some high end IP camers instead of a software thing.
Pets
1 x Male Rio Grande RES named Niko (knee-co) - Growth Chart - DOB 7/03/2008 (Owned since 9/24/2008)
3 x Cats (Orange Tabi, Black n Gray Tabi & Black Long Hair)
Feeding Lists
Niko: → Feed Me ← (Updated 6/10/11)
Cats: Cat Food ;-p
MoreBloodWine

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:27 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

ElectricTurtle wrote:Interesting, but I don't want other people to see it. Although I'm not sure how Google+ works (haven't farted around with it much). Could I maybe make a turtle Google+ for Tesla and just start a convo with myself? Wouldn't I have to be at both computers to accept?

See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24282&start=60#p294351

The camera connects to your server via ftp and does not need a computer, just wifi or an ethernet connection. You do need a host for the ftp - cheap ones are like $5 a month, your ISP or school might have one for you for free.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:19 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

ElectricTurtle wrote:
PridgNYC wrote:

Only people that you invite can view your room. If you don't invite anyone, but log in to your account from elsewhere, you can still view it. Google+ allows you to be logged in from multiple locations at the same time.
5 inch RES male named Jordtim
Hardware: 75 gallon tank (21"H X 48"W X 18"D), FX5 filter with veipacray media setup, pool filter sand substrat, TurtleSafe halogen heat/UVA lamp and ReptiGlo 5.0 UVB lamp in ZooMed Dual Dome Fixture.
PridgNYC

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:30 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

AllTheCandies wrote:oooh ok
if they continue to not work, I also have most of the pictures posted on my tumblr here:
http://themightyovaltine.tumblr.com/tagged/turtles
http://themightyovaltine.tumblr.com/tagged/turtle

Omg, your turtles are too cute! I love how you take them out and play with them too! Great job :D
RosesNKeeks

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, also letting you guys know I'm still very active with this thread so please don't be shy to share or even udate your existing links if you've already been added.
Pets
1 x Male Rio Grande RES named Niko (knee-co) - Growth Chart - DOB 7/03/2008 (Owned since 9/24/2008)
Feeding Lists
MoreBloodWine

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:32 am   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

I had to change my tumblr url.
Here are the updated links to all my turtle pictures!
http://worthless-art.tumblr.com/tagged/turtles
http://worthless-art.tumblr.com/tagged/turtle

I post new pictures of them constantly. usually at least a few times a week.
If anyone else has a tumblr we should follow each other :)
AllTheCandies

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:40 am   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

AllTheCandies wrote:I had to change my tumblr url.
Here are the updated links to all my turtle pictures!
http://worthless-art.tumblr.com/tagged/turtles
http://worthless-art.tumblr.com/tagged/turtle

I post new pictures of them constantly. usually at least a few times a week.
If anyone else has a tumblr we should follow each other :)

Updated !
Pets
Feeding Lists
MoreBloodWine

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:35 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

Kado's turtle cam
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kadokun-turtle-cam offline for now..
Kado

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:46 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

Pets
Feeding Lists
MoreBloodWine

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:22 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

MoreBloodWine wrote:Will do ;-)

Thanks for the add, will probably be broadcasting mostly Tue-Fri 1300-1900 (Japan Time)
Kado's turtle cam
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kadokun-turtle-cam offline for now..
Kado

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

Kado wrote:
MoreBloodWine wrote:Will do ;-)

Thanks for the add, will probably be broadcasting mostly Tue-Fri 1300-1900 (Japan Time)

Good to know ;-)
Pets
Feeding Lists
MoreBloodWine

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:18 am   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

I just added my gallery onto photo bucket finally of Tut. My link is below:

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... %20Returns
[King Tut] 1 Male RES
[Tiny, NoName Still] 5 African Dwarf Frog
[Dudley] 1 Bearded Dragon (sex unknown still)
[Snails] 3 Apple Snails
R.I.P Frogger, Jumper, and Oscar.
Tasha2455

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 pm   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

Ill get that fixed for you sometime tonight or tomorrow ;-)
Pets
Feeding Lists
MoreBloodWine

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:03 am   Re: Live Webcams of users setups & photo galleries !

Sorry, I forgot to hook you up... had a lot of stuff goin on which is sdone now but I'm heading to bed here soon after I make another post here but I'll get you squared away by tomorrow night ;-)
Pets
Feeding Lists
MoreBloodWine

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery