Photo Gallery :: my sliders ♥

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

Awww they grow so fast!
RosesNKeeks

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:11 am   Re: my sliders ♥

MikeyTheRES wrote:wow your turtles are quite big now. Don't they bite when you get closer to them now?! I handle Mikey a lot but I'm afraid he might try and bite me when he grows up and understands his true strength. ;)

i literally cuddle, squeeze them and kiss them to death. they push me off if they get annoyed but they never bite! (unless they think my finger is food when i try to feed them :roll:)
RESlove

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

They are so adorable!!! I feel like my little nighthawk needs a friend but I want to make sure they have enough space in the tank. How big is yours?
"Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell."
- Bill Copeland
Nighthawk11

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 am   Re: my sliders ♥

it's a 40L rubbermaid but i'll be upgrading to a much bigger one in a week once my exams are done. at least 3 times as big. i'm having trouble finding one with wheels in its base 'cause i have to manually change the water and it needs to be wheeled into the restroom for cleaning.
my parents don't want me getting a tank unfortunately and it may take some time to cajole them but the turtles seem happy enough in the rubbermaid.
once i get the huge one though i'm sure they'll be much happier.

how big of a dock do i need to get for all three of them to fit on it? do the docks with those sticky things hold well?
since the new rubbermaid is gonna be much deeper i need to get them a dock as well 'cause i can't pile up rocks that high.

i'm probably going to be renaming them in 2 months or so once i'm sure they're all female.
Simon will be Simone, Nathan will be Naomi and Aleisha can stay Aleisha ♥ yay 3 girls!

oh and also a few pictures. just took these a couple of seconds ago :)

Last edited by RESlove on Sun May 27, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RESlove

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:55 am   Re: my sliders ♥

Nighthawk11 wrote:They are so adorable!!! I feel like my little nighthawk needs a friend but I want to make sure they have enough space in the tank. How big is yours?

i really really REALLY think you should get the little guy a friend. they're super tiny anyway so i'm sure it shouldn't be a problem if you have a small tank. you can always get a bigger one once they get older right? everybody needs a friend.
if one turtle is awesome, 2 are better.

:mrgreen:
RESlove

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:14 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

Wow! These are positively some of the best turtle pictures i ve seen.. I ve a couple of hatchlings myself and lookin at these guys here makes me wanna do that much more for mine.. The photography and editing just oozes creativity.. Keep it up! :)
metalhead2791

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:27 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

The turtle inn is just absolute genius ! Its no wonder your turtles love it.. By the way i got my hatchlings a couple of days ago too.. Must be a month old i think thats it.. Did they sleep a lot when yours were that young?
metalhead2791

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:34 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

Oh and by the way i am from India too.. Mysore to be specific.. I just joined this wonderful forum yesterday wheni stumbled in here when i was lookin up on how to care for my hatchlings.. Guess what? Am a medical student too.. What are the odds eh? :) where did you manage to get that wooden log for the lil darlins ?
metalhead2791

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:05 am   Re: my sliders ♥

thank you for the compliments!
yeah mine slept a lot. i'm sure you bought them from one of the markets where they keep 10 of them locked in a box in the dark :( all they do is sleep in there. mine slept constantly for 2 weeks or so until they were well fed and discovered sunlight.
the log i found while my college was undergoing some renovations. the carpenters were nice enough to let me have it and cut it in half. now that they're much bigger i'll have to get a bigger platform for them to bask on.
RESlove

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 am   Re: my sliders ♥

Cool :) i had an old aquarium tank in the garage which i got cleaned up and currently houses the lil turtles. As for the basking dock, i ve gotta nice big rock sittin on top of some colored stones .. Pretty shabby but does the job for now and am guessing for a couple more months. I dunno what and how to get a dock done :( any ideas ? That apart i ve got an external filter filtering out 600 Liters per hour.. Yeah i know .. A lil overkill but keeps the water really clean. I ve noticed you havnt got one. How often do you need to change the water? These guys are quite messy arent they?
metalhead2791

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 am   Re: my sliders ♥

my new babies!

alex and jamie :) hoping one of them turns out to be a male lol!

more pictures:

RESlove

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

Yay... congratulations!! :D I'm planning to get a companion for Mikey as well ;) I'm not sure but I really hope Mikey's a boy and the new one I get turns out to be a girl :P
MikeyTheRES

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:38 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

you should do it ASAP! my larger turtles think the little babies are food! :( i'm actually quite upset. simone is getting along with the little guys but aleisha tries to bite them every chance she gets! :( :( :( i guess i have to keep them separately.
RESlove

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:13 pm   Re: my sliders ♥

They seem very social. My guy scurries every time I approach the tank. He's ok once I'm there, but still won't bask in front of me.
1 RES, less than a year old.
halfshell

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:59 am   Re: my sliders ♥

Wonderful pictures! Enjoyed them all and would like to see more. You think handling them a lot helps them get use to you? My turtle won't even come out from under his rock if I'm around.
Kado's turtle cam
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kadokun-turtle-cam offline for now..
Kado

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Gallery