Photo Gallery :: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm   New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

Yesterday was the Massachusetts Reptile Expo and I got a 2 month old male ball python for $20! He's just a regular ball python, not a special morph. But he's still absolutely beautiful. And really friendly!
His name is Lil Punkin. I need to do some addition research on care for him, but form what I already know they seem to be pretty low maintenance?
I have lots of hiding places for him, the temperature in the tank is around 80ish and it's humid. It's also dark, I only have a infrared heat lamp aimed at the tank. Am I good so far?

And here's the current setup I have for him:
AllTheCandies

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:00 am   Re: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

Very cool, there are a few snake keepers here. I think you're going to need a bigger apartment soon :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:03 pm   Re: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

haha I know right? The amount of stuff (both reptile related and not) I have stashed under these tanks is really ridiculous.
AllTheCandies

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am   Re: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

He's gorgeous! If I wasn't such a scaredy-cat when it comes to snakes (lol) I would get one :)
RosesNKeeks

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:12 pm   Re: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

He is beautiful and I love the name. I'm not really one for snakes but then again I wasn't one for turtles and now I can't imagine not having mine :).
1 YBS ~ Squirtle
4 Mini Doxies ~ Pebbles, Sam, Donut & Rosco
2 Snails ~ Bluey and Jerry
sweety10189110

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm   Re: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

Oh maaaaaaaaaaan, I want one!
... the feeding is what's been putting me off, though. I'm a wuss. I can barely do feeder fish for the turtles (and I don't really even do those anymore).
Outside Pond Boys: :mrgreen:Timmy & Chewy & Ike
Outside Pond Girls: :msgreen:Betty & Frick & Frack & Tina & Nyrtle-Sweetpea
Inside Tank: :mrgreen:Sheldon :msgreen: Mork :msgreen: Mindy
Nursery: :?: Baby Timmy & Ranger
apondfortimmy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:53 am   Re: New addition to my reptile family! (not a turtle tho)

what do you feed him?
i saw reptomin, then a jar of something with orange pic in it, some kind of snake pellets? ;P
mukyo

Return to Photo Gallery