Photo Gallery :: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:52 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

steve wrote:Looks great! The fake wood looks real nice in there. Is that a CD in his tank?

The Blue disk looking thing? No that's a round bubble disk

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... lInUS%2FNo
1 male RES - Franklin
2 gold fish and 1 silver Fathead Minnow that started out as feeder fish & earned their right to live
3 Leopard Geckos - Gizmo, Snow and Boo
My Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33545
MEandYouPhoto

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

Oh, gotcha :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:47 am   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

Hello!! It's been several months since I have posted on this thread but I wanted to give an amazing update. After several years of drooling and talking myself out of getting it. I finally got a pre-built ATBA from the great folks at glasscages.com. I was originally going to get the one that is a perfect fit for the 75 gallon tank that I have but they weren't able to accommodate the cutouts in the back of the basking area I was looking for. It would have compromised the integrity of the basking area and the enclosure. So I compromised and got the one that is designed for the 55 gallon. This meant that I could still have the clearance behind the tank for hoses and cords and it would still be long enough to fit on the 75 gallon.

It took Franklin only about an hour to figure out what this new thing was. But I am really happy with the results.
1 male RES - Franklin
2 gold fish and 1 silver Fathead Minnow that started out as feeder fish & earned their right to live
MEandYouPhoto

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:49 am   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

Looks great! Franklin is a pretty smart turtle :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

I just wanted to give a quick update.

Added a background to the ATBA and recycled his old corkbark basking area so that he has some traction and a good place with plenty of circulation to dry off completely. Also recycled some old silk aquarium plants to give him some decoration and a little bit of privacy.

He now spends even more time on his basking area than ever before.

1 male RES - Franklin
MEandYouPhoto

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:06 am   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

I like the contrast in colors... warm on top, cool on the bottom. Nicely done! Can I post this on our FB page?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:50 am   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

MEandYouPhoto wrote:I would be honored! Please send me the link so I can join as well.

You accidentally hit "report" instead of "reply". The page link is in my signature. :D
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:54 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

Sorry about that. And as I said. I would be honored. But let me add just a few more pictures for you to choose from I gave the backing area a good cleaning lol.

1 male RES - Franklin
MEandYouPhoto

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:24 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

Wow, perfect! :D I'll try to post it tomorrow.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:56 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

steve wrote:Wow, perfect! :D I'll try to post it tomorrow.

I saw the Facebook post. Really very cool of you to put my tank up there like that. I hope others find the info useful!
1 male RES - Franklin
MEandYouPhoto

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

Yes, I think it's great if we can all inspire each other to make great homes for our little :mrgreen: :msgreen:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:41 pm   Re: Franklin's Updated Tank (A Visual History) *PIC HEAVY*

It's awesome! Looking further to having a tank like yours.
spaceturtle

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery