Other Turtle Discussion :: Sick turtles at Petco

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:49 pm   Sick turtles at Petco

I saw a couple sliders in a tank at Peto, their shells were atleast 4 inches big and few of them had clear signs of infections. Some had shell rot, others had a white thing on their neck, some looked discolored. I told the PetCo employees to do something about and they said we treat them and they're fine. I felt really bad for the little guys. Is there anyway I can report them? or do something so they have to take them to a vet and atleast seperate the sick ones? I got 10 minows yesterday and I just realised hell they probably dont care for any of those fish, they might as well be sick so Im definitely not buying any more fish for my turtles to eat from Petco or any other pet store for that matter! Cruel bastards!!
talal

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:08 pm   Re: Sick turtles at Petco

They will have a corporate office you can contact. Get some pictures and the manager's info and blast it to them. They will likely have a vet that does rounds, you might want to ask to speak to them as well.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:57 am   Re: Sick turtles at Petco

X2!
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:26 pm   Re: Sick turtles at Petco

I went back there and most of the sick turtles were not in the tank anymore. There was only one that had some white cotton kind of stuff growing behind his head almost on his neck, but I cuoldn't really take a picture of it, wasn't clear enough to a camera when the turtle was in water.
talal

Return to Other Turtle Discussion