Photo Gallery :: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:29 pm   Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

Hi guys I'm new here and as promised here are some pics of my baby RES Sammy & Shelly and the home i built for them. Let me know what you guys think :)

:mrgreen: Sammy & :msgreen: Shelly

Their New 4ft home

Will upload more pics soon. They are abit shy for the camera as they are still getting used to me.
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery but Today is a gift that is why its called the Present."
Thiren

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:27 pm   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

Very cute turtles. The reptile grass does look very cool. Nice stand too, though you might need a but more support near the edges of the tank. This might be an issue depending on the weight.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:16 am   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

Hi there Steve underneath the tank is a full length of super wood to support the tank. I've built all the surroundings with wooden pallets which were being thrown away and then stained it with a dark wood stainer. The tank still needs some work though. Looking to build a nice basking area for Sammy and Shelly in the near future.

:)
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery but Today is a gift that is why its called the Present."
Thiren

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:16 am   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

What are those plants they are peeking through, I really like that.
Starscream

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:17 pm   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

Cute little guys :D

I would suggest taking out all the stuff on the bottom though. Way too much stuff that will cause water issues. Use pool/play sand or nothing is best.

What type of filter so you have?
Into_the_Mystic

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:51 am   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

Into_the_Mystic wrote:Cute little guys :D

I would suggest taking out all the stuff on the bottom though. Way too much stuff that will cause water issues. Use pool/play sand or nothing is best.

What type of filter so you have?

I agree! All that stuff looks nice but you will find out in short order that its almost impossible to keep clean. Try sand instead. And mopani wood. Cute little turtles.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:12 am   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

Thanks for the in put guys, will take all that into consideration. The thing with leaves is actually a fake tree root that I bought from my local pet store, the turts rally love hidding there. At the moment I'm using 2 cascade submersible filters, still saving up for a nice external canister fillter in the near future. :)
Thiren

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:14 pm   Re: Sammy & Shelly my new baby RES's and their new home

They are cute peaking out!
RES female ~* Gamera
Russian tort ~* Tortuga
TortsNTurtles

Return to Photo Gallery