Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: what did you name your turtle?

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:24 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hello fellow turtle lovers! New here :) got RES hatchling as an early birthday present, named him Tophat :lol: :mrgreen:
Mommy of Tophat
1-RES
DaisyDUB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

tree007 wrote:
steve wrote:Nice name! What's her setup like?

Thanks! .. here are 3 pix of her and her set up, we just upgraded her to a 75 gal and bought her a turtle topper, we still need to get her some plants but she is loving all the room

That is the exact turtle topper I would like to get for my little guy! My only worry would be if it would be too big, after all he is just a hatchling :?
Mommy of Tophat
1-RES
DaisyDUB

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:53 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

A basking area could never be too big. What size tank do you have?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:25 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

steve wrote:A basking area could never be too big. What size tank do you have?

Currently housed in a 10 gallon tank, will be moved to a 50 gallon within the week. Just working in getting all essentials before hand to set it up :D
Mommy of Tophat
1-RES
DaisyDUB

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:51 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hi, new here, just registered. So I rescued a year old RES this weekend and named her Dory. :D She was living in terrible conditions and I had a spare tank so I decided to give her a better home. My 9 year old niece acquired the turtle from some boardwalk and her grandparents bought it for her... Poor Dory was living in a 2 gallon tank for that long... What's even worse is that she had no lighting except for the room lighting... My sister had been wanting to give her away for a while, but couldn't find anyone willing. Now I have her in a 20 gallon tank, which belonged to our uromastyx, for now until I can afford a much bigger one. She's pretty healthy for the most part, which is surprising, but very glad she is. :D
Therobbierabbit

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:00 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Therobbierabbit wrote:Hi, new here, just registered. So I rescued a year old RES this weekend and named her Dory. :D She was living in terrible conditions and I had a spare tank so I decided to give her a better home. My 9 year old niece acquired the turtle from some boardwalk and her grandparents bought it for her... Poor Dory was living in a 2 gallon tank for that long... What's even worse is that she had no lighting except for the room lighting... My sister had been wanting to give her away for a while, but couldn't find anyone willing. Now I have her in a 20 gallon tank, which belonged to our uromastyx, for now until I can afford a much bigger one. She's pretty healthy for the most part, which is surprising, but very glad she is. :D

Hey, you said you named your turtle Dory. That's a cute name!. My turtle is named Nemo!
3 turtles- Nemo, Pockets, Nims
Two dogs - Nibbles, Ruby.
Three cats - Eli, Boots, George.
Two donkeys - EllieMay, Dorothy.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:38 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

BabyNemo wrote:
Therobbierabbit wrote:Hi, new here, just registered. So I rescued a year old RES this weekend and named her Dory. :D She was living in terrible conditions and I had a spare tank so I decided to give her a better home. My 9 year old niece acquired the turtle from some boardwalk and her grandparents bought it for her... Poor Dory was living in a 2 gallon tank for that long... What's even worse is that she had no lighting except for the room lighting... My sister had been wanting to give her away for a while, but couldn't find anyone willing. Now I have her in a 20 gallon tank, which belonged to our uromastyx, for now until I can afford a much bigger one. She's pretty healthy for the most part, which is surprising, but very glad she is. :D

Hey, you said you named your turtle Dory. That's a cute name!. My turtle is named Nemo!

Thanks! I was gonna name her Squirt, but I figured that a lot of people use that name. Nemo is cute though! :D
Therobbierabbit

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:09 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Therobbierabbit wrote:
BabyNemo wrote:

Thanks! I was gonna name her Squirt, but I figured that a lot of people use that name. Nemo is cute though! :D

Thank you! And yeah, I noticed Squirt is used a lot! When we got him my mom and I went through all the names of the characters from Finding Nemo (I LOVE that movie) and came up with Nemo!
3 turtles- Nemo, Pockets, Nims
Two dogs - Nibbles, Ruby.
Three cats - Eli, Boots, George.
Two donkeys - EllieMay, Dorothy.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:40 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Squirt works great as a nickname.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:46 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I've got a 1 month old who I named Georgie. It's a unisex name lol
nyckilah

Post Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:15 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I'm new here and have two rescued RES hatchlings named Zeus and Aphrodite. :)
One RES named "The Hulk" (named by my kids. Lol ) 4 1/2" SCL
Rescued July 10, 2014 from a waste water treatment facility.
Joddog

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hi, I'm brand new here :) I have one RES named Bubbles.
1 RES - Bubbles
3 Bettas - Cas (RIP), Kiro (RIP), & Clopin (RIP) :(
2 Dogs - Ozzy (RIP) & Patch
4 minnows - Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3 and Thing Pi
eventHorizon

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have two babies as of right now:

I'm "turtle-sitting" for the foreseeable future my best friend's common musk. She calls him GB or Gold Bit, but I call him Artemis.

My husband adopted a RES for me (and Artemis), and I named her Apollo.

Collectively they are my Archers, and any future turtles I get will be named after famous archers.
missvalkyrie

Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I named mine..
mikey
april
izzy
jess
and spike.
spyder

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:53 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

my first turtle's name was Osky. After a few years I adopted one yellow bellied slider and her name was "Peach" but I changed it to "Ilsa" (as the Casablanca´s character). My red eared slider´s name is "Elvis". Now my new YBS male is "Sam". And the new little YBS is "Beth Taylor" (as the actress Elizabeth Taylor).
Last edited by sms15 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilsa: my fisr rescue (YBS)
Elvis: mum's boy (RES Rio Grande)
Sam: angry boy (YBSxCS)
Beth: the miracle (YBSxCS)
Luke: the little cutie (M.Reevesii)
In memorian: Osky (map turtle), Peach (YBS) and Rick (YBS), Unnamed (Leopard tortoise).
sms15

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.