Photo Gallery :: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:20 am   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

Finally. Let's hope this isn't some formality where they just relocate the event. I wish there could be a way to bring forth criminal animal cruelty charges to the event coordinators and former participants.
VeipaCray

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:07 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

Been out of the loop since I signed against last year's Snapperfest so this is very good news to hear that the DNR is involved and has cancelled it. I shake my head at what Tim Sizemore says about harm to people's fingers. I would be hoping the turtle did bite a finger off somebody then maybe these Snapperfests would be considered 'dangerous to humans' and then be stopped for good! I don't like to say bad things about people especially when I do not know them. (except politicians :) ) Those kinds of people who condone this however, have a very tiny brain capacity. :x
War Is Not Healthy For Turtles And Other Living Things
turtlesrmom

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

Signing it !!!!!!!!!!! :x
I have 2 res Neclord & Ultima
fajristone

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:01 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

can not seem to sign :(
kokorome

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: poor turtles :( !!! This is why I sometimes wish I was born a fly or mouse. Humans are sometimes so cruel and evil to creatures 'lesser' than them. Why can't we all be equal? Why hurt an innocent just for amusement. This is bullying as well as animal cruelty. Why can't some people live as a turtle in one of those competitions and see how they feel? Somebody should do the same thing to the event participants.
RIP (December 25- February 3)Aqua
RIP (December 8- February 4) Turquoise
RIP 1 guinea pig- Maple Sugar
RIP (idr-idk) 2 shrimp- Glutton & Dancer
Triops longicadatus - Anthera
Aqua&turquoise

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

Looks illegal. Like dogfighting or other similarly cruel acts.
cl0r0x70

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 am   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

I find it quite sad. There are always two side to the argument, but it's about undertanding how they combine is the tricking part, such as relating cows and other animals that are slaughtered in large number for human food ect, and then there is abusing the animal causing it to suffer and/or die for amusment/sport. The people that I see in these videos are sterio typical low IQ, simple minded, and easily entertained. They dont see the difference in killing 1000 cows the proper way and killing a couple turtles by smacking them around, yanking on their heads and tails or by simply chopping their heads off cause one happens to latch on. I live in WA (not DC) and I've been hunting alot mostly for bird. I was taught to hunt and kill, not to hunt and torture. I think events like these send mixed messages to children viewing it and doesnt send a good example about animal cruelty.

It's really disgusting when one really thinks about it. I picture one of these indviduals that participates in one of these events all alone in the wilderness. Lets say he comes across a turtle or any other animal. Do you think his 1st or even his 20th reaction is to run over and start torturing, not killing for food, this animal? No it's not, but if you show younger generations that its cool to do it at your local shin-dig then when they get home they start abusing other animals. It's a cesspool mind wharping event for kids. Even better, women watch their hubby's doing this like they are actually accomplishing somthing, like its masculine, it's to be reawarded, as if changing the earl in the pick em up truck wasnt enough...
EASYRYDERDANGER

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

This is so stupid and sad. Why on Earth would someone hurt an animal just for fun?! I can't believe it. Hope this event is banned soon...
Mart396

Post Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:19 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

me too!
1 red eared slider
1 mutt
2 minnows
1 ranchu goldfish
3 sarassa comets
1 dojo loach?
3 zebra danios
1 betta
3 white clouds
3 harlequin rasboras
Skippah

Post Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:24 am   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest (edit - might be cancelled)

This is pure evil! It must be stopped!!!!!!!!!!
1 RES Evergreen
1 Razorback Musk Acorn
1 Common Musk Charcoal ( Rest In Peace :cry:)
1 Red-Bellied Turtle Hermes
mythicalpet

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:49 pm   Re: Petition to stop Snapperfest

VeipaCray wrote:Write Mitch Daniels a letter. Sign the petition too.

The local police are powerless. PETA failed.

I think we should all show up at next years event and have redneck fest. You know... where we take some of the rednecks from snapperfest, swing them around, throw them on the ground and put our hands around their necks. Of course it's all in good fun and none of the rednecks will get injured. @Brutal, I'm in Chicago obviously not too far from IN. Count me in.

I'd like that very much. I think it's barbaric that they're doing that....
SneakySushie

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery