Feeding and Nutrition :: Turtle Jello Shots

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Did the jello shots work to your satisfaction?

Yes!
86%
No!
14%

Total votes : 120

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:34 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

False Maps have very similar needs with RES, so I think all of our info will apply. Also try a veggie clip if no one's suggested it yet.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:36 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Veggie clip?!
I think i'll try. Usually i just put Sparkie veggies in his tank floating around.
CristianaBarros

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Been hovering the forum for a while but frist time posting. Are you able to grind the cuttlebone in the blender? Also what would be a good mixture for a female laying eggs the frist time, I think she layed 3 already, cant tell they are always destroyed by the time I see them.
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:44 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

You could, but would she eat the cuttlebone if left in the tank?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:59 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Thanks for the quick response, she does eat it only if its big after a while she doesn't eat it when its small, Both of my turtles love calcium and the bone, its one of the few things they eat. I did put a little bit in a batch I made today but not as much as the recipe wants.
In other news I actually did have a acount its just im locked out of it after I tried posting a picture of a scrape she got its better now, but she just received another small cut on her head from diging again.... So would the new recipe help with healing of the skin too? Its in a scab state btw.
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:24 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Instead of crushed cuttlebone, I'd use a phosphorous-free calcium supplement instead. What do you mean locked out? The Jello Shot doesn't have anything to aid with healing.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Ok I didn't see any supplement when I was buying pellets. But did a search online in i see some that say vitaminD should I get it with or without vitamin D? But the scabs are gone now and now almost done healing.

And for the account, tryied posting the picture and wasn't working think I tried an app to fix the picture or something, tried getting on and wasn't able to to access the website. last month when I was searching google for a new fliter came across TT and it said my ip is banned or something like that? thought it was on a different forum but recognized a few post then I saw my old name. But I prefer this one though.

Oh and they seem to like the jello shots almost thought that one would hog it all
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:24 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Look into something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Rep-Cal-Calcium-P ... B000N5PVZG

If one is hogging the food, then you will need to separate them when feeding. Doesn't it get messy?

As for Vit D (or D3), that what the UVB lamp is for... your turtle can produce it naturally.

So you're saying you were banned on a different site, not this? It's been a few years since I had to do something like that.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:58 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Thanks I will be looking for it next time I go out. If not amazon it is

It was this site as I was not a part of any other site my last post was August last year ago and came back again last month saying my my ip is banned? I was thinking I could of been a different site until I saw my old name I used... which was blitz. But I just tried it and it worked... But I did switch phones right after I made the post in august so that might of messed thing up?
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:13 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

What kind of message did you see for the IP ban? I don't normally ban IPs, and never banned an IP from within the forum. The server had a blacklist, just you would just see a bunch of gibberish... but again, it's been years since I had to do something like that.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 am   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Starting to get way too off topic pm sent
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

The 100th yes is from me, they dont really seem to like blueberries unless they ate it when I wasn't looking. Also is there something I could add in to make them sink as my male likes eating at the bottom of the tank.
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:50 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Is it much different from the original recipe? The ones from other pictures show them sinking.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:22 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

Pretty much the same just added red leaf and one batch didnt have buleberries, they sink for 30 seconds then they float back up
2 Res
Female-Squirtle
Male- Splash
xd99xd.2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:26 pm   Re: Turtle Jello Shots

That's weid. I haven't made any before, but maybe add a little more of the heavier ingredients like carrots or even going with a different shape?
steve
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Feeding and Nutrition