Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: what did you name your turtle?

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:03 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have 7 turtles (includes deceased ones )
Gizzy the aggressive turtle of the family
Speedy the turtle who loves to sleep
Bear the turtle who really doesn't care about anything
Grylls the overprotective turtle
Cocoa Master the former aggressive turtle
BrightEyes the turtle who cannot sleep easily
Flip the turtle who is scared of the world outside his big home
hello there
HelperTurtle123

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:46 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Welcome to the forum!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:22 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

We just gout our first pet turtle, but at our old place we had twice daily feedings with a couple dozen wild ones.
Our new little guy (we think) is Philbert.
Midland Painted--Philbert--SIP :(
1-2 1/4" Mississippi Map Turtle(Male)--Atlas
1-2 1/2" Western Painted Turtle (male)--Titan
40 gallon tank
unclejoe

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:29 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Mine is Doggy the Turtle! Like my username says haha.

It was my boyfriend's idea. We got our Red Eared Slider last Valentine's Day. But he is not eating (among other things we noticed) and we had to bring him to the vet yesterday. Turns out he has respiratory infection and fungi from bad living conditions in the pet shop. Breaks my heart and makes me mad at the same time. :cry: :x
DoggytheTurtle

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:58 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Hercules and zeus!
coonsie85

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:54 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

My very first turtle was a rescue I rescued him from my brother . He was about 1 inch long and living in horrible conditions . I tried everything to keep the tank he was in clean . Luckily for Me I came across a 55 gallon tank stand filter lights and another turtle for only $80! I snagged it . That is where my love of turts started .He's a 3-1\2 inch male RES proudly named Smalls :) then I have Wiz , another male RES I have Ink a male Mississippi Map . And then the twins Moe & Jack (was Manny Moe & Jack . Manny lost his fight </3) they are 50 cent piece sized Mississippi Maps . I have an Eastern Spiny Soft shell turtle named Kimbo and last but not least my most prized possession my baby Diamondback Terrapin ! I Cal him/her Diamond and Bubbles . I think bubbles might stick . He/she likes to come up get some air and go to the bottom of the tank and blow bubbles lol .
2 RES Males , God and Lucifer
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:03 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I have two RES, Stitch & T.Lo (aka T.Lo & Stitch, which was accidental, since T.Lo really stands for "The Little One" as Stich was 3 and T.Lo he was smaller and greener when we got him).
vivalateeny

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:50 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Axel and Faith
Sakidra

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:03 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

My RES is 5 named dave.
Matthew V.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:57 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Clover (found on St. Patrick’s day this year in our driveway), Lucky (found in the road next to a much less fortunate flat baby turtle around March 19) and Casper (found in the road around March 24).

These are 'rescue' turtles. I am head-starting two and keeping one. Two of the turtles seem very healthy and 'wild'. I want them to have a nice life and I feel they will get that in this golf community full of ponds which feed from a large lake. I will grow them up for one year (4+ inches) and then release (unless someone feels I should release sooner so they keep the 'wild' in them).

One of the three turtles is just 'different'. It doesn't seem to have a nose... making it look a bit like a frog. Anyway it's quite sweet and more tame than the other two. It seems very happy in the tank and rarely jumps from the basking log when I walk into the room (as the other two do). It also swims to my hand to be fed (as opposed to away from me as the other two do). I would keep them all, yet I don't know that I would have a sufficient tank to house them all and I worry about the two normal turtles picking on the different one, yet have not notice any aggression. What I do notice is the two wild turtles hang together often and the one ‘different’ turtle is typically on its own. They are interesting little creatures for sure!

I am working with a turtle rescue guy out of New Jersey who advises me on what to do. I have also learned a good deal here. I hope I am doing a good job. I am new. I am a bit worried about all of them growing too fast. I will post that question with a photo in another area...
Attachments
Clover Bumble Bee.jpg
This is Clover
LREdgar

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:29 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Most likely you can release them sooner depending on your location. There does seem to be some issues with the shell, have you applied anything to it? If not, it might be some shell rot.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:49 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Original name was Khaleesi, named after the mother of dragons in Game of Thrones. Then he showed us that "he" is not a "she" :lol: and switched it to Khaleeso.
sansbacon

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:31 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

I named my two turtles squirt and wilburt. Squirt after the name of the baby turtle in Finding Nemo and wilburt just because lol but they are both females around 7-8 inches
pen_artist

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:57 pm   Re: what did you name your turtle?

pen_artist wrote:I named my two turtles squirt and wilburt. Squirt after the name of the baby turtle in Finding Nemo and wilburt just because lol but they are both females around 7-8 inches

Squirtle would have been a suitable name for the first one as well as a Pokemon reference. :wink:

My RES turtles are named Nibbles and Swimmer.
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
Protracturtle

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:56 am   Re: what did you name your turtle?

Askim and Asker
Red beard

PreviousNext

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.