Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:03 pm   my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

I've had my red eared slider for seven months now and has never had a problem eating but I have just recently moved my turtle in my room it's been a little over a month since he has been in my room and the first two or three weeks he was eating normally but the last two almost three weeks he hasn't eaten anything at all and just this week I changed the food I was feeding him to see if he'd eat and I also bought some bacterial fix for the water and it says to do it for seven days then change 25% of the water and do it again if necessary I just don't know what to do when I would shake the bottle in front of the tank he would swim anxiously towards it but now recently in the past few weeks he has been sleeping a lot but he still basks and he swims occasionally but he won't eat at all.
Gabby777

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:38 pm   Re: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

Can you tell me more about the setup? Temperatures? Any pics?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:54 pm   Re: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

I don't have any rocks at the bottom it's just plain but I have the right size filter for my 20 gallon tank the water temp is 75 degrees and I'm not really sure about the basking area and I also have a water heater
Gabby777

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:55 pm   Re: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

And I'm new to this site I don't know how to add pics
Gabby777

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:39 am   Re: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

There is a link in my signature, if that doesnt work for you, you can just email them to me. How big is he?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:47 am   Re: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

Thank you I'm not exactly sure how big he is ive never measured him but I did get him from petsmart and I'm also not sure if it's a he either. And also what's your email address?
Gabby777

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:58 pm   Re: my turtle won't eat and I'm really worried

steve
Site Admin

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.