Equipment Review and Discussion :: Free promo FX6 vac in !

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:59 pm   Free promo FX6 vac in !

Sent off last Thursday for promo vac ! Waiting hopefully for a tracking number. Said allow 6wk's maybe ? But today Tuesday before lunch came in . FAST! Sad after Saturday's loss ! Now have FX and free vac for an empty tank.
litefoot

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:30 am   Re: Free promo FX6 vac in !

Let me know how well it works out for you!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 am   Re: Free promo FX6 vac in !

To make this clear some/many may say it's great. I'm looking at this vac from another view. Yes it works but you must have a high attention level to use. If you open the valve to much or fast (top of gravel tube) and say you have small gravel or sand pump so strong it will pickup all , fill filter bag in the catching chamber , possibly passing it ending up in your impeller. (Since you connect on the drain at the motor/impeller). Yes casing inside has lips ridges to direct water flow but do not trust , particles could get into impeller. They warn you on page three (gradually open) so not to pickup and send small gravel/sand into line. I greased the o ring in vale to make it smoother. Could see it sticking over time and accidently open in a jumping motion. All your sand now fill the bag and possible passing into impeller. Idea to pull water in pump back to tank is to save your water. I will use as regular vac when doing water changes draining to front door not into impeller. The reason to have pump/impeller at bottom on the last stage of filtering is to have cleanest water go through the impeller. NOT enter vacuumed dirty water at this point. Goes against the FX's water flow cleaning ! Why they changed it for the vac connection. Cheap filters have motor on top before filtering , no good. This feature FX has at bottom after all filtering saves motor/impeller. NOW me I would have a connection at the inlet aqua stop valve on top you connect to , all vac water going in through all filter media eliminating that bulky chamber /bag inside . Look's good but its a company's idea added on later when they forgot about vacuuming. Was not thought out all the way ,what happen to common sense? This is just ME sure some will disagree. Some will say at the drain connection pushes the water on the other side of impeller. Look at the molded ridge that guide the water flow it's in front of impeller. IT pulls at the drain connection into impeller up the tube to outlet.. Took bag out sent a thin three inch ribbon through line and was caught in impeller. Took me several attempts but was caught in impeller! Why for vacuuming change the whole idea of fx ( stirred up /dirty water) into impeller back to tank. To me as I stated why not enter and go through all media from the inlet topside then no bag chamber needed. See another Diy project adding a tee above aqua stop valve inlet , will make me feel better , or just use as regular vac not into Fx drain line. Maybe just trust/hope that the bag catches all material vac picks up? Also change that bag as they say every (TWO cleanings) see page 6. Bags must fall apart to keep selling you more? Not me. My opinion ...and some can disagree. Sounds like who came up with vac idea forgot how water flows in FX? Inlet tube down to bottom ,up the six outside media pads , overflowing to center media , down center to impeller up other tube out to tank ! WHY... am I the only one who has questions about this...enter vacuumed/ stirred up / dirty water at this stage? Then just let the FX clean it later? My idea yes to me enter on other side of media works and cleaned water goes back into tank. BUT then they could not keep selling you more A372's or A373's. Lastly page 6 top #13 important unplug or restart filter to allow air evacuation. You know sometimes how that vac tube comes out water sucking air no matter how careful one is.
litefoot

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion