Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello, let me introduce myself

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 pm   Hello, let me introduce myself

Hello! I was just trying to get turtle tips and thought I should join the group and see what all the forum has to offer or what I can share. Let me begin by saying that this year I have had my turtle half my life! She is an 18 yr old female Res named Cow and has grown pretty big since she was quarter sized baby I purchased. I originally had 2 turtles but a decade ago Chicken decided to escape the pond and got turtle napped while crossing the road- ironic I know. Cow now has 2 seasonal residents. We live in Missouri so from October thru may she lives in a big kiddy pool in the basement. She usually gets a couple goldfish buddies just in case she gets hungry but usually they survive and so does half the pellets. In the summer she lives in the koi pond that is surrounded by rabbit fencing so she doesn't run off. She likes to squish the plants and try to find holes in the fence. Feeding her with koi is quite the struggle as they are always knocking her out of the way for food. Pond was originally for her but now has large koi too. She doesn't bother the fish. She has her cave and basking log and rocks. Just a little bit of sunny land area but she manages to find her spot every year to lay eggs which was almost a month earlier than usual this year. She may not be cuddly like a cat or dog but I sure do love her just as much. Thanks for letting me introduce her and I look forward to "turtle talk".
Hairykishna

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 am   Re: Hello, let me introduce myself

Hello and welcome,

Did she get her name cause the way she eat's ? That's how my male got his name "Piggley" . Any photo's ?

https://youtu.be/QA0LlS2d1Rc Piggley say's Hi !
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:13 pm   Re: Hello, let me introduce myself

Welcome to the forum Hairykishna and Cow!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:27 pm   Re: Hello, let me introduce myself

Thank you! She can be a cow sometimes! I wanted silly names and had 2 at the time so I named them cow and chicken after the ridiculous cartoon. I don't have any recent photos handy but I will add some of my big girl soon.
Hairykishna

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:33 pm   Re: Hello, let me introduce myself

The grandkids helped me name my turtle. Acts the same as the character on Jakers // The adventures of Piggley Winks , for the way he eats and acts !
"Piggley" and always getting into something !
litefoot

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.