Urgent Care :: Urgent question about my turtle

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:11 pm   Urgent question about my turtle

Hi
I need help with my turtles situation. His plastron has been peeling off and underneath is this white like pigment. Also parts around his plastron have been been red for the last several months. I'm in college and I thought about taking it to a vet but right now that's not possible. Hopefully someone has some info on this. Here is the photo on the bottom. Thanks

Kellie
Attachments
IMG_20170924_110846.jpg
Kellie82729

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:31 pm   Re: Urgent question about my turtle

Hi Kellie , see it's your first post. Being new I "assume" with turtles , I would suggest seeing a vet. You have a couple things going on and the plastron is to the bone where it's shell is gone , a good Herp Vet can help. Also the red color if not from it's diet may be a blood infection and only a blood test will tell for sure ? Some pinkish color is from the fast growth being a young turtle but you say the past month's red color. What is it's diet ? Any color enhancer foods ? Understand about college but to me this is more than a beginner can fix , may need to find a way , someone else may say you can then if not lots of lost time a Herp Vet could have been helping . Vet before an infection sets in. If caught earlier maybe you could have done some treatment's to help. To me a Vet.
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 pm   Re: Urgent question about my turtle

How big is your turtle? A shedding scute on the plastron might have a whitish appearance.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Urgent Care