General Care Discussion :: Toronto Canada Rehoming options

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 am   Toronto Canada Rehoming options

Hello. Due to me moving for another job across country where I cannot take my 1.5 year old male RES with me and must re-home him. I have no family or friends who can take him and I have looked at the local turtle rescue and they have not yet replied to my email as well as an add on kijii searching for a good home for my beloved pet. I am hoping for some tips on where and how to best post my turtle to find a good home where he will be well taken care of.Or possibly a fellow board member in the Toronto area can take him. I am hoping to keep his habitat as I can put that in storage until I get a place outside of staff housing so I can have pets. He is in perfect health and is super friendly so great for anyone. Please help me out with some tips on what to do as I only have a month to find him a home.
newcomerCDN

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 am   Re: Toronto Canada Rehoming options

steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:58 am   Re: Toronto Canada Rehoming options

that is the place I emailed about a week ago and got no reply. Basically said the same things I did in my post and have yet to hear back.
newcomerCDN

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 pm   Re: Toronto Canada Rehoming options

Sorry to hear it. You might want to reach out to their facebook page, they seem more active on it. I've heard of some rescues are limiting themselves to native/local turtles too.
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion