Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Please help my turtles are fighting

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:17 pm   Please help my turtles are fighting

Hi
I've got 3 turtles, one big and the other two smaller than it. I've had the big one for about two years this June and the small ones for about a year. They've never showed aggression towards each other , but my big turtle recently recieved a skin injury on his back leg and it healed (mostly). But today I saw one of the smaller one going and biting the big one's injured leg and opening up the wound again. It's concerning me a lot and I would really appreciate any help. All three turtles are Red Eared Sliders.
Nachi113

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:42 am   Re: Please help my turtles are fighting

Hi, aggression usually happens when one of them is a male. There really isn't much you can do but find a way to divide their tank, have separate tanks, or rehome one of them. It's just going to get worse as they get bigger and stronger.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm   Re: Please help my turtles are fighting

His wound is healed now.and I think I'll keep him back with them......
Should I?
Nachi113

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:57 pm   Re: Please help my turtles are fighting

Up to you but it will happen again and again. It's a problem when they are captive and in a confined space.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:28 am   Re: Please help my turtles are fighting

If the wound was inflicted by the other turtles in the first place, I would not put them back together. However, sometimes, a turtle injures itself and other turtles will be tempted to pick at the wound but once it is healed there is no more agression… Maybe you are lucky.
JDora

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.