Photo Gallery :: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:18 pm   Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Meet my baby Korni... :mrgreen: ...Everybody says he's something else... He is so active, and so friendly, and he likes to doton of crazy moves (I'm actually laughing while writing this and imagining him).... Sometimes he stand in the corner of an aquarium and pushes his head in the glass and swims so fast and hard, its hillarious to watch... He likes his shrimps, and he's eating from my hand. He was unfortunately very ill these days, poor guy had pneumonia and was on antibiotics, and his eyes are swallen, but after few days of constant care and medicating, he is doing so much better, his craziness is back and his appetite is back, he's swimming and doing crazy thing, but cant seem to fix his ees... So fingers crossed for my bab, as I am hoping vitamin A+D3 will help him cure faster....
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
But swimming anotheeer dimension for my baby....
hrdgd.jpg
...and also very weird sleeping positions...
hrdgd.jpg (31.74 KiB) Viewed 40011 times
hgjgj.jpg
Korny likes sunbathing... He has cray poses
hgjgj.jpg (34.27 KiB) Viewed 40011 times
ghgf.jpg
Baby likes water and explorind, and food
ghgf.jpg (15.29 KiB) Viewed 40011 times
gff.jpg
He likes to climb and walk all over me
gff.jpg (23.14 KiB) Viewed 40011 times
dtjhg.jpg
Meet 8 monhs old baby Korny
dtjhg.jpg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 40011 times
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:59 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Hi, welcome to the forum! As I mentioned in the other post, you can try something like cod liver oil for the eyes. His shell needs a bit of cleaning, though that can wait until he's recovering and eating.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:15 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Thats what I wanted to ask about. Can I use baby toothbrush, I+m afraid he wont like ones for big people (lol). I try sometimes to gently cuddle him over the head, sometimes he's ok with that but most of the times he just pulls it in... I'm trying to prepare him for scrubbing, you know... I don't know if he+s gonna like it, but I guess I gotta do it soon. I gave him A+D3 oil drops, I put drop or two over his food, and he's opened his eyes two days ago finally, it's not still what it supposed to be but we're progressing. But still I dont know how to make him eat those reptomin baby sticks, or any vegetable, he just wants to eat schrimps, and last night a small cricket dropt in his water, and he ate him before i could get him out, is it ok for him? perhaps If I only offered him vith sticks or vegetable, maybe them he'll have to eat it? I also read that baby turtles are meateaters until they began to grow... I just want this little guy to be happy and healthy... I'm changing his water on a daily basis, and his temp is 27-28 celsius, has a filter and a heating lamp, basking area, but most of the time he sleeps wheres he's half on dry and half in water, and most often he lays on the filter lol...
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

A soft toothbrush can work, but again, I would wait until everything else is resolved. Crickets are OK, not much nutrition unless gutloaded. How about live minnows? Hold it by the tail and let it wiggle in front of his face. Once he eats a few, go back to the pellets.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:14 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Yeah, but he doesnt want to eat pellets at all. I tried three kinds but he either smells it and walk away or he bites a bit then spit it out. He only wants to eat shrimps. So I dip shrimps into vitamins then give it to him. And for those live things, its a no go hahaha. Im afraid of insects and little live stiff. Lol.
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:46 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

But you're sure he's eating shrimp and the cricket? You might have to try some of the live stuff... minnows can work well sometimes. You just need to get him to eat a bit and transition him to a normal diet.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:51 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

He is eating dry shrimps and dry stuf...I also give him some chicken breasts (coocked of course - not salted), I was just worried how can I put some vitamins in him from natural sources, like from vegetables or fruits, u know? Because at this moment the only way for him to consume vitamins is by me dipping his shrimps in vitamin drops (which i do on a daily basis). I read on a few places that baby red sliders are exclusively meat eaters, and won't do veggies. But maybe when they get older. And then I have tons of those green pelet stuff which are filled with vitamins and minerals, and he wont eat them. Only meaty food lol. I'm wondering if u understood my uestion int he first place. Its not like he doesn't eat he eats, and he can eat always, but he eats only special food lol. I was juts wondering is there any way i can get him to eat veggies and fruits
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Once he is doing well and having an appetite, switch to a good pellet. Don't worry too much about veggies/fruits. Avoid too much meat/protein and focus on getting him to take pellets. Where did you get the green pellets, and what brand is it?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

I bought them in a pet store. I needed to ordere it from another town since our little town has one pet store and it helda just fishy sruff. I have tetra repto min menu and tetra repto min baby. But he doesnt want to eat pellets. Its the only problem. I cant seem to make him eat them. Im trying now for a few motnhs and refuses it. Any ideas on How to make him eat it? Perhaps if its the only thing i give him so he has to eat it or what? Any ideas on it?? Tnx
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:37 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

JUST LOOK AT HIM :)
Attachments
4FD10824-3FD7-4432-87FB-7F02FF8A07F8.jpeg
80FA22A8-C037-4DCB-A7AC-A846B4B03C38.jpeg
6F747326-D887-455D-9A34-DCC4ED7976D4.jpeg
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:24 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Very cute! Is there a very dark area on the side of his shell? As for getting him to eat, have you tried crumbling the pellets into some other foods he likes? Maybe a small amount of tuna or chicken? There's also recipes where you can make/design your own treats for him.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:31 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

To make mine eat, I opened a brined tuna can and soak the pellets in that water. Never had to do it twice!
Also, if you keep feeding your turtle with other food when they refuse pellets, they have no reason to eat them.
PokePony

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:46 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

Hiiii... got an update.... since my baby Korni grew a bit, he started to eat pellets... So I'm keeping shrimps for treats from now on. Korni is healthy, eating properly, being so crazy and funny doing crazy things... I just wanted to ask, I saw him a few times and he was doing something weird, it looked like he's trying to bit himself. Is it perhaps that he had an itch or something like that, since he's sheding skin quite a bit. He is very active, very energetic, and I believe very healthy. I'm still giving him A+D3 vitamins, keeping his water at 29 degrees celcius, his light is on, but I turn it off when we go o bed, and turn it on in the morning. I dont know if thats what I am supposed to do, I red in a few sites that that should be done. What do you think?
Attachments
kornica.jpg
VanjaSasa

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 am   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

All sounds good ! For the first few years they grow fast. Always shedding , shell and skin. It's kind of like sunburn to us , it's itchy . They will bite at it to help remove or use rocks and or decorations to rub on that's ok. Keep observing as you do that's great. They really know how hard to bite it's rare one bites too hard .

Turtle like's a day / night cycle like us. Get a timer helps keep a good schedule for them , easier for you too. Turtles love schedules a lot especially on feedings. I'm sure they have you trained on that already.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:29 pm   Re: Korny from Bihać (BiH)

litefoot wrote:All sounds good ! For the first few years they grow fast. Always shedding , shell and skin. It's kind of like sunburn to us , it's itchy . They will bite at it to help remove or use rocks and or decorations to rub on that's ok. Keep observing as you do that's great. They really know how hard to bite it's rare one bites too hard .

Turtle like's a day / night cycle like us. Get a timer helps keep a good schedule for them , easier for you too. Turtles love schedules a lot especially on feedings. I'm sure they have you trained on that already.

I am well trained :lol: I keep an eye on him all the time (I say him because I'm not sure yet is it a boy or a girl, but somehow I feel like he's a boy lol). He's pretty crazy slider, he does all kinds of stunts, jumps from the platform in the water, trying to climb the wall of aquarium - he starts to pound with his legs and arms so hard I think he's gonna fly, when he sees me or my husband he goes crazy, begging for food, and when we don't pay attention to him he begins to move all around the aquarium and bumb into stuff... If he is to have career when he grows up I believe he would be interior designer, because, whenever I clean his aquarium (and I do that every 6-7 days) and put his oys and things in, and then put him back in, he looks at all that and then at me, and then he's like WOMAN WHAT DID YOU DO, and then moves everything in the order I believe he thinks is way better loool...

About feeding time, and day/night schedule, It's pretty much the same every day... It's his first birthday on the 6th od December, and I was wondering am I feeding him too much when I feed him every day with pelets and sometimes schrimps?? What is the ideal amount so he wont get fat or that he's well fed. I know turtles could eat all the time if they could, and thats not good lool, so I'm trying to feed him regularly, still, dont know what is enough and what is too much. My husband sometimes tells me I feed him too much, I should give im smaller meals, but I just can't live with myself knowing I didnt feed him enough, dont want my baby to be hungry...

Tnx :D :mrgreen: 8)
VanjaSasa

Next

Return to Photo Gallery