Other Turtle Discussion :: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm   LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

i AM LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME FOR MY 3 RES
I TOOK IN THE FIRST ONE WHEN HE WAS JUST A BABY 13 YRS AGO WHEN MY BROTHER PASSED AWAY. I JUST COULD'NT BEAR IT BEING HOMELESS.
THE OTHER TWO WAS GIVEN TO ME ALSO WHEN THEY WERE BABIES 10 YRS AGO
I HAD NO PROBLEM CARING FOR THEM, BUT NOW I AM SICK, AND NOT ABLE TO CARE FOR THEM
I TRIED FINDING A PLACE FOR THEM BUT NO ONE WANTS THE RESPONSIBILITY TO CARE FOR THEM
I REALLY NEED THEM TO GO TO A PLACE THAT WILL TREAT THEM RIGHT
i LIVE IN NYC AND ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

LIZ
shiloh1991

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:29 am   Re: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

Hello Liz,
Sorry, it's been a while since you've posted that. Have you tried looking for animal sanctuary the closest to you?
Even if in another state, I know there are a couple of places where they will be able to take care of your turtles. I would look for rescue centers as well. Avoid making ads on sites like Facebook or Craigslist, you might give your turtle to someone who won't take care of them properly. :/
PokePony

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:59 pm   Re: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

Hi
I have looked into animal sanctuaries, rescue centers but they will not take in anymore red ear sliders
I will continue searching and hope to receive good news
Thank you for replying
shiloh1991

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:50 pm   Re: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

Check with education institutions who might want to take one in, or maybe you can post an adoption notice with local vets. Letting a reptile society know of your situation might also help. Good luck.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:22 am   Re: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

Ah yes, reptile society! That's a good idea. If you really can't find any, you can always go to reptile fan group on FB, preferably private ones so you are 100% sure the person you will donate them to will take care of them nicely.
PokePony

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:06 am   Re: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY 3 RES

Good point, I often underestimate the size of FB groups. Being a guide (offering help and equipment) to new keepers is also a huge benefit in rehoming, its just tough when they are insistent on getting a hatchling.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Other Turtle Discussion