Habitat - Indoor :: Back to my moms ...

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:56 pm   Back to my moms ...

Me and my son dad split . he got rid of my babies ....
I moved back into my moms where my 40 gallon tank was just sitting empty . cleaned her up got her running and started searching for some new babies. I came across 2 male red eared sliders for free on Craigslist . I'll have to see if the post is still up to show you what these guys were living in . One of them is probably close to 5 inches from head to tail and the other one is close to 4 and they were both in a 15 gallon tank . they've since upgraded to my 40 gall and have shed ALOT like I have a pile of scutes from them , the larger of the two has some pyramiding from the past owner , but I plan on SOON upgrading to a 75 gallon tank for they're forever home with an abta . goaalllsssss
2 RES Males , God and Lucifer
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:52 am   Re: Back to my moms ...

Sorry to hear it. I'd wait on picking up new turtles... get everything sorted before you add to your plate. You can't rescue every RES out there and picking up turtles with issues will make it even more difficult for you. Plus, two mature males.... not a good combination. Good luck!
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm   Re: Back to my moms ...

They're in a 40 . I'm not getting any new guys . but these two have been together their whole lives . they don't fight , they bask together an all . my 40 gallon tank is my.only tank . got rid of the 55 it was leaking again and I didn't feel like resealing it . but Yea . everything's all good for now !
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 pm   Re: Back to my moms ...

And their shells look SO much healthier . I should have took more pics when I first got them . but they had soooo many layers of unshed scutes , but now they have pretty yellow lines and a pretty shell pattern . the bigger of the two Is the prettier of the two . I've had em for almost 3 months I think ? And I don't have any fights or anything . they're good with each other lol . but if and when they start to fight I'll set up another 40 gall . but I'll be building a ABTA and getting a better filter for the tank cause rn I have my trusty magnum 350 on it and its kept up with the 35ish gallons in the tank .maybe less than that lol . I wanna get a cascade or I saw a fluval 406 decently priced at pet smart I'll have to check again lol . but everything is all good so far with them
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:37 pm   Re: Back to my moms ...

Glad to hear it's going well. Keep up the good work! Why are you looking for a new filter?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:35 pm   Re: Back to my moms ...

My magnum took a crap 2 weeks ago . ended up ordering a sunsun hw302 which I got today and just hooked it up and filled the tank . the tank is cloudy so I'm giving it an hour or so to clear up and then I'll say how I feel about sun sun . it came with media and has a pretty good flow rate so I'm not mad , no leaks yet so that's a plus . and my 40 gallon tank only has about 30 gallons in it. So I think the filter should keep the water pretty clean . might end up doing a water change I'm not sure yet, I wanna see how the sun sun works , but so far im satisfied
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 pm   Re: Back to my moms ...

In just an hour the tank has cleared up SO MUCH !!
the-turtle-Girl

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:13 pm   Re: Back to my moms ...

Really a pretty good filter for $60. Only thing I ever heard was with a little age the prime button doesn't work as well. Get's noisy with the trapped air. But then a tilt side to side , front to back helps to remove all the trapped air so to prime better and quiet again.

(cloudy) Was just new tank syndrome , goes away quick.
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:18 am   Re: Back to my moms ...

The water looks clear from the front today but a little.foggy From the side of the tank , but so far I'm super impressed. And if I end up getting a 55 or a 75 in the future I'll definitely look into more of these filters . bub probably the 303-b , for the money its really good quality , i was slightly scared cause I read some negative reviews on different sites , but I saw more good then bad , and now that I have it I LOVE it !
the-turtle-Girl

Return to Habitat - Indoor