General Care Discussion :: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:31 am   unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

Hi Does anyone know what are these white circles? Picture in the link below. Can't upload here because the size is too big
Please advice.
https://fatpeoplelaginreallife.tumblr.com/
KasDan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 am   Re: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

Might be the start of shedding or some bacterial scoring. I would also feed your turtle less (the wide/dark seams indicate fast growth).
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:56 pm   Re: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

SHe seems like she is always hungry so I decided to feed her a bit more recently. How much should I feed her?
KasDan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:44 pm   Re: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

btw, it is normal for other terrapins to bite one another?
KasDan

Post Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:11 pm   Re: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

Most RES act like they are starving. Have you tried offering green veggies? As for biting... it depends on personality but you don't want it to happen. It will only escalate and cause serious injuries, so you need to consider ways to separate them.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:33 am   Re: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

the bigger RES likes to bite the smaller one with the white circles. So I just push her aside every time she is going to bite. I sometimes try mixing some carrot and green veg or cabbage into their diet.
I will be using mild soap and toothbrush on the white circles and see what happens then. Her shell was quite soft until they appeared, so I am unsure if it is a good thing or not
KasDan

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 pm   Re: unknow white circles found on terrapin shell

You will have to get another tank or have a very large one that you can divide.
steve
Site Admin

Return to General Care Discussion