General Care Discussion :: Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm   Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

I have really been wanting like a box turtle or what I really want is a tortoise BAD. Can someone please give me some info on where to buy them
1 RES 6" Mikey
2 Angelfish
2 yellow pond loaches (they are very aggressive)
Amberkay20

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 am   Re: Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

I would check with local rescues, they might give you an idea of what's common around you. A reptile show/expo will give you some options too, particularly if you want a younger turtle to begin with. There used to be mail-order ones, but I have no idea what they've done in the last few years.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:04 pm   Re: Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

Ok thank you so much. I live in Northern Alabama and this is pretty much a really great climate for turtles and turtoises
1 RES 6" Mikey
2 Angelfish
Amberkay20

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:59 pm   Re: Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

I agree, the climate is ideal :) Do you have space outdoors for them?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 pm   Re: Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

I have plenty of space outdoors for them, my husband and I just moved into a house and that is a big reason why I am wanting a tortoise now. I wouldn't ever try to get one living in an apartment. That's just wrong. But in Northern Alabama in the summer it is hot and miserable for people, but thats because it's sooooo humid. It's horrible, but i know the turtles would absolutely LOVE IT
1 RES 6" Mikey
2 Angelfish
Amberkay20

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:25 am   Re: Wanting info on where to buy land turtles or tortoises

You could always check on Faunaclassifieds.com or king snake.com , there you can purchase from private breeders that you can for the most part trust more than somewhere like the Turtle source or Tortoise town.
Boca Raton, FL
1 Rio Grande RES (F)
1 RES x YBS intergrade (hatchling)
1 Three Striped Mud (F)
njackwag

Return to General Care Discussion