Habitat - Indoor :: Need help with ramp for penn Plax floating pier

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:18 pm   Need help with ramp for penn Plax floating pier

Hi! Does anyone else have this floating pier? The ramp doesn’t stay on and is pretty much useless. I need to make a ramp so my turtle can bask. Can you help me come up with ideas on a ramp please? This pier is positioned in the right side corner of the tank. It’s suctioned to the walls. I am only using the platform and not the base or poles. It is floating.

I will appreciate any ideas. Thanks!
HappyTurtle

Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:34 pm   Re: Need help with ramp for penn Plax floating pier

You can get a piece of real cork floor tile as a free sample from most flooring stores. Some may charge a dollar or two for one piece. Makes great ramps. If your turtle has a lot of weight some kind of brace may be needed between dock and cork to support it. Easy to work with.
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:09 am   Re: Need help with ramp for penn Plax floating pier

I don't have or use one, but I would look at something else... can you still return it? If not, maybe you can secure it by drilling in some holes and using plastic ties.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor