Habitat - Indoor :: Free Basking Platform

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:18 pm   Free Basking Platform

I recently had to get rid of my red eared slider because she outgrew her 80 Gal tank. With the help of fish and game she is being released into a protected area. It is a bog off of lake Conroe. She needs more than I can give her is an aquarium tank.

I had a custom Plexiglass basking platform made for her since I found just about everything sold commercially to be inadequate and a waste of money. This one sets inside the lip of the tank but I'm sure it could rest fine on the top of a smaller tank. It has a mesh covered ramp leading into the water. There is a lot of algae in the mesh that i can't ever get rid of. It was not cheap item. I reinforced the corners with metal brackets so it is very sturdy.

I won't be getting a new turtle and it is gathering dust in my garage. I hate to throw it away and it's not exactly what I can take to Goodwill. I would like to offer to anybody who thinks they can put to good use for their sliders' well being. All I ask is you pay the shipping cost, which I would estimate at about 20.00, give or take.

Email me if interested and I will send a picture. The image I have was too large to upload here.
Thank you
Geoff Becker
Geoffbecker

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 pm   Re: Free Basking Platform

Belonging to this site has been a strange experience. I've almost never gotten a response. I'm offering a free turtle basking platform I paid over 200.00 to get made. Most of what is in the market is junk. I've paid for enough to know. Amazingly there no takers. I will dump it. It's a waste. Turtle world is a very strange culture. Glad to be done with it.
Geoffbecker

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:06 pm   Re: Free Basking Platform

Belonging to this site has been a strange experience. I've almost never gotten a response. I'm offering a free turtle basking platform I paid over 200.00 to get made. Most of what is in the market is junk. I've paid for enough to know. Amazingly there no takers. I will dump it. It's a waste. Turtle world is a very strange culture. Glad to be done with it.
Geoffbecker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 pm   Re: Free Basking Platform

I am looking for one I didnt see your e-mail. If it actually worked I would pay you for it on top of the shipping.
jonathan1683

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:06 pm   Re: Free Basking Platform

is this still available by any chance? if so what are the dimensions?
YonkasTone

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:29 pm   Re: Free Basking Platform

Yonkas Tone...My messages to you won't leave the outbox. Please email me at geoffb@twc.com
Geoffbecker

Return to Habitat - Indoor