Online Links and Deals :: petsmart

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 pm   petsmart

hey guys i used to work at petsmart (3 years) as a cashier and i have some advice for you.

if youre looking for a new filter or something like that go to petsmart.com and if you find what youre looking for print it out and bring it into the store. they price match their own website and EVERY other store/website. long as you have a print out or a current flyer then they can't say no. this way you dont have to pay for shipping and you still get a good deal.

just a little fyi.
sofall

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:55 am   

Thanks. I hope it prevents people from delaying the purchase of necessary items.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:44 pm   

It think it depends on the store as to whether they will match every other website's prices. I was able to do this for a while, but a change of managers at the Petsmart near me ended that. I've tried twice since then to get them to match on-line prices, and have been refused. The only price they have matched was their on-line price for a UVB bulb, which was like $1.50 less than their store price. Needless-to-say, I don't buy much from them any more, and sometimes go there to compare their prices to on-line retailers (who I have bought from) to feel good. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:15 am   

ah well they shouldn't do that because its the policy to price match.. im sure it says it on their monly flyer.
sofall

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:16 am   

Wait, let me get this clear...If I were to print out an ad from Bigals or Drsfostersmith, they'd have to price match it?
Kallistos

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:26 am   

no just for petsmart.com
3 turts 2 eastern painted and 1 RES
Andrew7769

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:29 am   

I just called them, they said they'll match their "standard" price. Not their sale price...So on bigals and drsfostersmith it's $90 on sale...
Kallistos

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:09 pm   

They might match prices or coupons from direct competitors (Petco vs. Petsmart), but will likely refuse online distributors. Either way, it does not hurt to ask first... ask if they have a price match guarantee/policy.

Here's what their site says:

Pricing
All prices are in U.S. dollars. Our prices are set independently of the PetSmart store locations. As an Internet company, PetSmart.com is committed to bringing you, our customer, the best overall prices available online.

Online Product Availability in Stores
In general, many of the same items offered online will be available for your convenience in stores. However, products and prices may occasionally vary by purchase area or method of shopping.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:29 pm   

resowner, like steve said it doesnt hurt to ask first. a manager in your store may price match the sale price because the managers at my store do it. if you called corporate im sure they told you the correct way to follow policy. but the manager might do it for you anyway. it all depends on that particular stores manager. so i would try anyway all they can say is no.
sofall

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:03 pm   

I brought petsmart.com printout with me and they price match without asking me any questions, sometimes products are soo much cheaper online than in the store, such as the reptisafe water cleaner was $5.39 online and was $8.99 in the store, I wonder why....
RESCHIU

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:36 pm   

My local Petsmart will only price match their site (we have no other big Pet stores in town). I used it to save $25 on my filter and heater. The site was $15 cheaper (almost half) on the heater and $10 on the filter.
cusm

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:06 am   

I went in looking at water heaters, and the Maineland visi-therm stealth was a little over $30, whereas online it was $17.99. Thanks for pointing this out!!! I'm gonna print out a copy and bring it in!!!
Rickiew04

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:53 am   

Now they have free shipping on orders over 50 dollars and I ordered my stuff two days ago and BAM there it is. Fastest shipping ever.

And I love their prices here let me show you

Turtle Cleans
Petsmart online store-$5.99
Petland store in town-$6.99

Hikari Turtle Sticks for 2.2lb bag
Petsmart online store-$36.99
Petland store in town-stopped carrying it

Biotize
Petsmart online store-$6.49
Petzone store in town-$10.99

Aquatize
Petsmart online store-$4.99
Petland store in town-$7.99

Fluval 4 Foam Inserts
Petsmart online store-$6.49
Petland store in town-$11.79

Fluval 4 Carbon Pads
Petsmart online store -$6.49
Petland store in town-$8.99

20 Watt Super U.V. Coil Lamp
Petsmart online store-$22.99
Petland Store in town-stopped carrying basking lights (but when they did it was $36.00)

So with what all I buy for my turtle, it's easier to go online, pay the taxes, and get free shipping.

Granted I'll still go to Petland for the live food, but for the stuff above..hello petsmart store!
She is mine and I shall call her Michelangelo!
daredevilgirl013

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:55 pm   Re: petsmart

sofall wrote:hey guys i used to work at petsmart (3 years) as a cashier and i have some advice for you.

if youre looking for a new filter or something like that go to petsmart.com and if you find what youre looking for print it out and bring it into the store. they price match their own website and EVERY other store/website. long as you have a print out or a current flyer then they can't say no. this way you dont have to pay for shipping and you still get a good deal.

just a little fyi.

Good one! Thanks!!!! :)
Kristin's Pond! Starring:

RES = "Sheba", 21+ yrs. old
African Clawed Frog = "Prog", 10 yrs old
& "Kristin" as Momma
industrial_girl_2000

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:26 pm   

I know our Petsmart witll even call another store if you find a better price on an item that they normally carry.
I have 5 RES, 2 ASN, and 1 DBT
iac637

Return to Online Links and Deals