Photo Gallery :: Trooper!

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:32 pm   

thanks =), i added some large pebbles recently since the bottom looked kinda bare..
1/4 inches in 1 month? holy dats fasttttttt. maybe hatchlings grow uberly faster? the tank size 3 times larger his size probably attribtues to his growth too.. im goin to upgrade mine soon, probably to 55gal or 77gal once i save up enough.
TrooperRES

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:04 pm   

yeah i think hachlings grow faster. wow thats the first time i have heard the word "uber" here. lol
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:29 pm   

Growth depends in part on diet and general living conditions.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:02 pm   

well if turtles grow better in better living conditons, then i am surprised my turtle isnt like godzilla yet! you should see his tank! you cant tell were the water is because it is soo CLEAN! and i am really proud that i am able to keep it this clean, that is why i am braggin, lol
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:04 pm   

hehe, yea ur tank if fairly big for ur turtle. how often do you clean? and wut kind of filter do u use to keep it so clean? do u change water ever so often?
TrooperRES

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:41 pm   

so far i have cleaned once, after waiting a month and a half (thats when the alge started growing). i use a duetto dj100 which is approved for 20 gallons. which i have in a 30 gallon tank. i dont know how it dose it but it keeps my water crystal clear. i dont really ever change the water. my turtle is pretty small so the waste created by him is very little. also i used to have 3 rosey red minnows that were a big help in cleaning. they eat everything that got into the gravel. i want to get a pleco fish also to help me with the alge that i just know will grow back to haunt me.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:35 pm   

wow great set up. im looking forward to making something similar to your basking area for my turtle.
:D
narcolepticbeesh

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery