Photo Gallery :: Do i have a RES?? :O

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:50 pm   Do i have a RES?? :O

Hey all, heres the scoop... i would not go into getting a turtle that i didnt know what it was, but had no choice this time :cry: my friend had this turtle before me and was forced to get rid of it, he was planning to release it but I started asking him questions like is this turtle from our area (NE ohio) and would he be ok... the following list of "i dunno" reponses made me uneasy and so i took the lil guy home. I looked over net and found this sight which caught my eye cause he has two reddish orange spots behind his eyes so taking a shot at confirming. He is about 2.5 inches long was living in a lil 10 gal tank which i replaced with a 30 gal. So tell me what ya think :) thanks

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/csz4201982/album?.dir=4042&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
Owner of:
Puff N' Stuff- 3.5" female
Itty- 1.3" (cant tell yet)
Bitty-1.5" (cant tell yet)
Grifter420

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:03 pm   

A RES. :D

Since he was a pet, it's good you didn't release him. Now start reading up on his care. And if you have questions, just post. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm   

Yay :D yeah i read all the sticky posts here and think i got his care down, has heater, filter, sunbathing dock and a lot of reptomin food. I plan on making his tank bit nicer when i get chance to go buy more stuff any suggestions on good things to get him would be great :) mind you though im on a students budget and went through $150 of that today so cheap but good would rock hehe. Thanks again :)
Owner of:
Grifter420

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:32 pm   

yep its a res. that was great of you to take him/her in cuz releasing into a pond could be potentially dangerous to him/her and to the native inhabitants of the pond/lake.
me being on a student budget too.. lol u guys pretty much everything u need, im amazed that u got it so fast too lol (assuming u had none of this before). make sure u got a bulb that emits UVB (like fluorescent bulbs), and an incandescent bulb that emits UVA (should also heat the basking spot).
make u can decorate the bottom w/ large pebbles or rocks u find around the house. some ppl use plastic plants too but they'll have to be strong and big enough so the res doesnt eat em.
neways, good job! nice looking res too.
TrooperRES

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:06 pm   photos???

can someone please tell me how to post photos??
RESowner102

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:08 pm   

I just opened a yahoo acct for free and started a photo album then linked the album page in post here :) hope that helps somewhat.
Owner of:
Grifter420

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:14 pm   

i am shure your turt is very happy to be in a nice big tank. if you want to save some money just look under the "online links and deals" in this forum. there are lots of things that can be found for alot cheaper there than at a local pet store.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:43 pm   

very pretty and lucky res. had to take a fast look caz hurricane dennis is knocking on my back door, looks like you could add a lot more water these guys love to swim. keep up the good job and good luck. gotta run be back in a week or so if the homesteads still here lol
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:42 pm   

yeah.. you got a res man..

you should get that gravel out of the tank though.
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Return to Photo Gallery