Other Turtle Discussion :: Where to find the baby turtles?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:17 pm   Where to find the baby turtles?

I go to school over in Moscow, ID and i'm trying to find a good turtle petstore...Anyone know of any in the Spokane, WA area? I'm from Seattle but don't want to put babes in a stressful 5 hour drive. Also I have a 5'' female...I'm guessing it wouldn't work to but a baby and her together? She is calm and lazy.
TurtleBot

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:51 pm   

Turtles with great differences in sizes shouldn't be put together. Although you have a mellow turtle, there's a pretty good chance that in "intruder," especially a small one is going to get bullied or hurt.

It's also good to quarantine a new turtle for at least 3 months to make sure the turtle doesn't have anything your turtle could get.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:47 pm   

you can order baby turtles online. one place i have heard of is www.turtlepimp.com. i have heard alot of good feedback from this site. i think they are garenteed to "arive alive". i wouldnt put a baby turtle with a bigger turtle though. not a safe situation there.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:58 pm   

I believe I've heard bad things about turtlepimp-- as per the living conditions of the turts... but I cannot remember what or from who... I guess I'm not much help on this one, just have a bad vibe
bradhart

Return to Other Turtle Discussion