Other Turtle Discussion :: Discouraging Climbing?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:12 pm   Discouraging Climbing?

If anyone remembered when I first posted here, I asked about screen tops, in concern with keeping things out, well I guess the concern was keeping things in. I had just done a water change that day, I have to keep it filled high because I don't have a submergible filter. Well I did some re-arranging and moved the dock to the back.

I had just gotten hom from getting the new HP book early Saturday morning, or I would have been in bed. My mom was in the room where he was, she heard some funky noise, so she checked, didn't see him and came and got me. He was sitting on the carpet in the back covered in fur. I had to use tongs to reach him back there. I lowered the water level so know he can't get out. Anything I could do to discourage this?

Well atleast he's happy now, he has a uvb bulb.
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:25 pm   

what kind of filter do you have??
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:42 pm   

The one that hangs on the back.
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:19 pm   

well I have one that's not submersible.. I put extension tubes on it so I don't have to have the water up so high. Mine is about 8" from the top of the tank, but then mine aren't really climbers either.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:38 pm   

my turtle try to climb out of his tank too. even though he is too small and the water isnt high enough for him to even get close to getting out. i can see this as a potiential problem in the future. anyone know how to keep them from climbing up the walls?
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:58 pm   

Probably not to fill it so high.
TexasJagsFan

Return to Other Turtle Discussion