Other Turtle Discussion :: Job

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:43 pm   Job

I got a job at petsmart just because of all the storys about the people there being so stupid. Well its been two days of working and i think im the smartest person there. The conditions for the turtle and other pets are way wrong. all the res are in a 10 gal. tank with olny 1/4" of water and a rock to bask on. so i am now working on changing the living conditions for these pets. Its taking a chunk of my paycheck to do it but its worth it.
TurtleMan17

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:54 pm   

You have to pay to use the store's own supplies for their own turts?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:57 pm   

i have to order some of the supplies because what they have in stock sucks
TurtleMan17

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:38 pm   

Wow. Good for you. But I do think you should get reimbursed for whatever you paid out for them (they'll be making the profits when the turts are sold).
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:16 pm   

they will be sold wether or not someone spends money on their habitat in the store
bradhart

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:09 pm   

That's lousy.
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:05 am   

It's just times like theese when they dont care about the turtles and only want money...greedy...inconsiderate.conceited,selfish people...
new turtle-lover

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:17 pm   

I am glad that at least that store will have someone who knows what the turtles need rather than someone who probably never bothered to do research on them. :D Congratulations!! :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:32 pm   

careful you might have to spend ur money on bringing em home with you. thats what I would probably do lol
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:16 pm   

Don't let them hose you out of your money. They'll start taking advantage of you bigtime. Make suggestions, and back them up with info from this site and others. Also, make sure to inform customers of all the care info when they buy the turtles. Maybe print out the care info from the sections on this site and give it to each person who buys a turtle.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:31 pm   

I had a fun day at work on sunday. I was working with the turts and a mom and her 8 year old son wanted to buy a turt so i told him how to care for it and gave him some basic knowledge on the res. his mom then asked what to keep the turt in and what filter to use etc. this kid had $300 to spend on a pet so i showed them the tanks and other things. anyway the walked out of the store wiht a grin from ear to ear. It felt so good knowing that res had a good home. and i also got promoted to Manager.
TurtleMan17

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:31 pm   

Congrats on the promotion! Pet stores need more people like you.
TexasJagsFan

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:48 pm   

Congratulations! :D I'm really surprised to hear this about Petsmart--the one nearest me won't even sell turts because of the care they require. And even Petco has some fairly decent care sheets for sliders (but I haven't seen any for sale this summer either, knock on wood).

I hope you got enough of a raise with your promotion to compensate for some of the money your shelling out...
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:08 pm   

Let's see, you start to work on July 21st, a Thursday, and the next Monday you are promoted to manager? Wow, must have some turnover rate at that store!

All of the supplies you ordered for the turtle habitat......I guess they probably haven't come in yet, since you probably didn't get them ordered your very first day on the job. What did you need to order for this project? When do you anticipate having this completed?
ohiolobo

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:57 pm   

Congratulations on your promotion, I agree with marisa, make sure that the payraise comes along with it. :D :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Next

Return to Other Turtle Discussion