Feeding and Nutrition :: Pictures of Aquatic Plants?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:51 pm   

yea i purchased some today at bigal's .... they dont call it anacharis they call it pond weed so it was difficult for me too find but i got them .... but they didnt have any more rosy red minnows so i have to go back on friday
Mr.Turtle - 8.0" (female)
mitchy04

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:09 pm   

You can often find anachris in garden shops that cater to aquatic gardens/koi ponds. It's an oxygerator and popular with aquatic gardners. I've found it to be cheapaer at such places and often in better condition that in pet stores.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:33 am   

Another good place to get anachris believe it or not is ebay. You just have to wait till you find someoen who is selling 1-3 bunches. Cause a lot of them sell 25-100 at a time. I got 2 bunches for 4 bucks not too long ago.
Nicole
Hide and Seek are almost 4.5" each
1 Bearded Dragon named Ben :)
kneecole

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:07 pm   i have 3 res

i have a regular tank and my 3 res turtles are in it should i put real or fake plants in it :?:
hello:)i love horses
helpfulhorses

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:21 pm   

yup you can put fake plants in. They love to hide/sleep in them. real plants are ok too. But they make a mess when eaten. chenck under feeding/nutrition to see which are the best to get.
bradhart

Previous

Return to Feeding and Nutrition