Online Links and Deals :: Black Friday, 2017 Edition - Post deals here!

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 pm   Black Friday, 2017 Edition - Post deals here!

Petsmart - November 24 (and online @ Midnight)

50% off Marineland Filters and Canisters

Marineland Penguin 75 Power Filter
Marineland C220 Canister Filter
Marineland C360 Canister Filter
Marineland Emperor Power Filter
Marineland Penguin 75 Power Filter
Marineland Penguin 100B Power Filter
Marineland Penguin 150B Power Filter
Marineland Penguin 200B Power Filter
Marineland Penguin 350B Power Filter
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 pm   Re: Black Friday, 2017 Edition - Post deals here!

I got my marineland c360 from a Black Friday sale a couple years ago. It was a great deal and it keeps my tank very clean. It’s the only canister filter I’ve ever owned but if I see any good deals on a different one this year I might just get it. The reason being 1- its a pain in the butt to take apart and clean (but maybe they all are) and even when valves closed which is supposed to prevent water from leaking out the tubes a pretty significant amount of water drips out. And 2- the primer button is stuck in the down position and I’ve yet to get it back up, which seems to be a common problem with these filters. I’m not sure how this really affects the filter, but it seems like it hasn’t been doing as great a job of sucking up debris since. Just a word of warning.
Manx~Coheed
Yorkie~Cambria
Turtle~Donatello
AndreaF590

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:47 pm   Re: Black Friday, 2017 Edition - Post deals here!

So I can understand better , what type of maintenance have you done on the physical filter itself over the couple years you had it other than cleaning it ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:16 am   Re: Black Friday, 2017 Edition - Post deals here!

I got my 65 Gallon Aqueon tank and stand ensemble at Petsmart for $240 yesterday! Original price was $440
I also bought a Fluval FX4 Canister filter for $240, it was basically a steal. I saw the sale price of $300, but when the manager went to the back to bring it out, they had unboxed it. When I asked if I could take the real display box with me, she said she couldn't (I honestly didn't mind, I just asked out of curiosity) and she said she can give me an ADDITIONAL 20% off. I was so happy!
Also, got some really nice National Geographic White Aquarium sand (2 x 25lb bags) for $7 each (75% off of original $28 price).

It was a good day to upgrade Franklins' tank :)
jessandfranklin

Return to Online Links and Deals