Online Links and Deals :: BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:09 am   BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

What a "DUD" BlackFriday was for us turtle owners , no real good sales , to help some wishing for an upgrade.

Today "Cyber Monday" looked and looked watch what some are calling sales. There regular price is cheaper on some things earlier in the year ???

Only thing I found that's a good sale was Eheim water heaters the 300 watt for $19.99 at Big Al's Pets , that's a very good price. Too bad I already have one as a spare.

They also "had" the motor unit for the FX5/FX6 with the lowest price I seen at $139.99. But are now ""sold out "" . Trying to see if they give me a rain check being a long time customer and the fact they sold out so fast. Maybe only had a few for the sale. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Anybody see anything I may of missed that's a real sale ?
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm   Re: BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

Mazuri has a 18% off for Cyber Monday (code: CYBER18). I didn't see any good deals this holiday. Hope you get your motors! FYI, I think Big Al's was hacked a while back... I was getting junk mail sent to an address I only used with them.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm   Re: BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

This CPU is only for playing on the internet unrelated from my personal. My personal computer is on a virtual private network (VPN) much safer than even an anonymity proxy server or other. I have several addresses I use too , will keep an extra eye with that one more so. Today some hackers software is random based / unspecified not needing an ip address to get an email , we have to watch all now a days. Thanks for the info !
litefoot

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:43 pm   Re: BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

Up until a couple of years ago, I would use a unique email address when I ever gave one out. So, let's say for example I order something and use big-als@redearslider.com and so all mail sent to that address would have originated from them. It would be going to a "catch-all address", so basically it all gets forwarded to a single account instead of myself managing each unique address. Many times, it is either poor security or an inside job to steal a database of contact info. Sometimes, companies willingly trade directories for marketing purposes.

VPN is good, but that's more to protect your privacy on your end. I'm using services like PayPal more now, rather than submitting credit card info to someone like Big Al's. The forum also gets hit a lot with spammers which I have to block. All new posts from first-time posters need manual approval thats why you might see one show up a few hours after it's been posted.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:37 am   Re: BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

Pay Pal fan myself too !!! If they don't take it I don't buy from them , I'll go somewhere else. But I do keep one small c/c for those stores online if I really want it. What we have to do now in 2018.....
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 am   Re: BlackFriday 2018 Cyber Monday

Yup, I always check my monthly statements. Also credit cards are much better than debit cards as you do have some fraud protection from the banks.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Online Links and Deals