Online Links and Deals :: T-Rex Bone Aid Calci-Sand

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:12 pm   T-Rex Bone Aid Calci-Sand

I'm sure a lot of you know about this stuff but I think this could be very useful to those of you that prefer to have their tanks look a bit more decorative then just a hand full of river rocks. Its this sand that you put on the bottom of your tank that you dont have to worry about your turtle(or other retiles you may have) eating it because its 100% digestible. It also provides calcium for your retiles. And it comes in different colors which is nice too. I believe it can be used in aquariums too. I'm going to the store later today to see if it says so on the package just to make sure. Can some here verify if it can be used in aquariums? It would save me an unnecessary trip to the pet store.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx? ... 5&#details

Does anyone here have any experience with this product? The reviews it got on petco.com were great but I would also like your opinions as well.
~Drake
Houston (Aug. 1994-March 20, 2007)
I love you bigboy! We all miss you so much. You were the best cat ever. I will always remember the great times we had together. There will alway be a special place in my heart for you, my best and oldest friend.
RX88

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:18 pm   

I checked out the link. It doesn't sound like this would be good in an aquarium. The description says "T-Rex Calci-Sand makes spot cleaning both easy and accurate. It clumps readily to wet waste material, drying it and preventing it from being spread."

I'm not sure but this would make me believe it wouldn't work in a water aquarium. Possible good to use as in a nesting area.
My babies: Tanner (RES), MR. Prissy & Ringo (budgies), Shinju (cockatiel)

"Little dudes are just eggs, we leave 'em on the beach to hatch, and then — koo-koo ka-choo! — they find their way back to the Big Ol' Blue"
CountryGirl68

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:19 pm   

I wouldn't use this in a tank with aquatic turtles.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Online Links and Deals