Page 1 of 2

Moxie's new house!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:11 pm
by Starchick
After about a month of hunting craigslist and all the local classifieds, I finally found a 30 gallon tank for Moxie! Her 20 gallon will go to Shenanigans.

Here is Shenanigans. (Don't worry, I didn't blind him with bright lights, the actual photo is very dim so I photoshopped it to make him visible!)

Image

Some pics of the new tank. After shelling out the money for the tank itself, I couldn't justify spending more money on a tank background, so I used wrapping paper leftover from valentine's day. I thought it was cute enough for now!

Image
Image

Tonight she was afraid of my camera, she kept hovering around it and fluttering at it

Image

So I distracted her with food!

Image
Image

I like this one because you can only see her face in the reflection

Image

Image

Annoyed at being set on the basking dock for a picture
Image

And just being cute!
Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:17 pm
by Terryo
I love the valentine's day paper. What is Shenanigans? Looks like some kind of frog. I have a 30 gal, but it is long. I didn't know they came high like that. It looks great. I love the idea with the v.d. paper.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 pm
by Starchick
Shenanigans is a White's 'dumpy' tree frog. Guess I should have specified that, he does look pretty weird in that pic!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 pm
by emma
Cool frog! What kind of turtle is Moxie? She is very pretty! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 am
by scripta_elegans
Moxie looks very happy in her new palace.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:15 am
by SpotsMama
I Image Moxie's new home!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:06 am
by Bumby's Mom
She is a gorgeous gal. I have only ever seen Nyx flutter one time and it is sooo funny!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:11 am
by Opus
emmanelson96 wrote:Cool frog! What kind of turtle is Moxie? She is very pretty! :D

What?are you GETTING another turtle :lol: it's a eastern painted turtle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:38 am
by Starchick
Actually we're not sure exactly what kind of painted. Her belly and face look like an eastern, but her carapace is like a western, and she has a faint vertebral stripe like a southern!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:34 am
by eugenetimpog
May be she is a central painted? errrr... bad humor... just BAD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:34 am
by industrial_girl_2000
What a beautiful little painted!!! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:25 am
by N4784N R4613
Grate set-up!!!! And Moxie is sooo cute!!!! :lol: :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:12 pm
by lotsofpets
She's a really painted regardless of what type she has. My baby western also has a faint stripe down his carapace too. Looking at the photo gallery on ATP, I realized that several of the westerns and midlands had faint stripes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:15 am
by Blue Flamingo
love the back ground, i was just thinking about doing the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:42 am
by Starchick
I went to AC Moore and was literally just wandering around waiting for inspiration to strike, the other thing I found that I was considering was using those 12 x 12 sheets of scrapbook paper, because they had one that was hot pink leopard print! Wrapping paper was still cheaper though. I've always been kind of disappointed at the lack of variety in tank backgrounds, so now I'm excited to keep my eyes peeled for funky patterns in wrapping paper!