Page 1 of 1

Missy the Yellow Belly Slider I mean River Cooter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 pm
by SINI5T3R
This is my Female Yellow Belly Slider, shes about 5 years old as i've been told. Loves Veggies, not so much on the meat eating side and loves Pellets! Her favorite food as far as I have seen is Mango, she goes crazy for them right when I drop pieces into the tank.

Tell me what you think of her :D

Image

Image

Image

Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:02 pm
by blackforces get you
thats a cute little girl. nice pic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:30 pm
by worldpeace
Her shell colouring is awesome. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:49 pm
by SINI5T3R
yeah its one of the ones I got for free in a 10 gallon with a Male RES bigger then her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 pm
by BullDog
Nice looking gal! And she's got a really nice healthy looking shell!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 am
by Diamondbacks4Life
Where is the picture of the yellow belly? I wanted to see it =(

Lol Jk, You have a river cooter there not a yellow bellied slider ;)

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/world_ ... index.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 am
by SINI5T3R
Painteds4life wrote:Where is the picture of the yellow belly? I wanted to see it =(

Lol Jk, You have a river cooter there not a yellow bellied slider ;)

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/world_ ... index.html


are you sure, in those pictures the cooter has really bright orange on the bottom of its shell and mine does not...but if that is what she is, thanks for telling me..i could of swore that was a YBS...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 am
by SINI5T3R
and HOLY Crap they get HUGE!!!!!!

Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:15 pm
by blackforces get you
that is a big one!. i can tell it will need alot of space.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 pm
by SINI5T3R
blackforces get you wrote:that is a big one!. i can tell it will need alot of space.


yeah and that picture above looks like its a boy, so just think how big the girls get ... I thought I had a normal YBS and now i see that its a cooter (funny name lol) .. kinda cool tho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm
by coreyvht
cooter haha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:40 am
by Diamondbacks4Life
Im 100% sure its a cooter and not a yellow bellied slider.

No giant yellow splotch mark on side of head and ybs underside pattern is pure yellow or has one black dot on each scute sometimes all or a couple.

Not every turtle can be brightly colored haha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 am
by seano997
Very pretty turtle!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:24 pm
by CassieJade
She is so sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:26 pm
by TurtleKid199
Cooters still have nice colours when adult??!!!