Page 1 of 2

My crazy RES :) (Video)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:28 pm
by dave09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcgLeqekKJo

She always goes crazy when I show her the food sticks box :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:34 pm
by cam722
boy does that look familar, I think it will to anyone who has a turtle :)

just curious, what size tank is that and is that your basking area? I noticed your turtle can't get completely out of the water to dry off.. :(

I checked out a few of the other "related" videos.. and I hope that person who has the "mating" video realizes they have 2 turtles of the same sex and more than likely that's a territorial thing than a mating dance.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:40 pm
by dave09
Yeah it's all temporary, cheap homemade basking area and stuff :) She's pretty comfy though... But I'm getting a much larger tank next weak with a huge basking area.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:44 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
Whoa you're turtle is Huge,i can't wait till mine get that big.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:54 pm
by Crazymansun
Hahaha nice video! I love it when they beg for food and start splashing water.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:28 pm
by marisa
I'm glad the poor girl got rewarded for all her efforts. :) That's an interesting plastron---is half of it black (or is it the lighting?)? Or, could the basking area have something to do with it?

She's a hefty girl. I'm looking forward to a shot of her home with more permanent objects in it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:41 pm
by dave09
I ducttaped a part of a black T-shirt there so she could hide.
I read that they liked to hide :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:31 pm
by Hoooneylynn
dave09, post some pics when you get your new setup, I would like to see them!:)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:58 am
by dave09
Allright

Re: My crazy RES :) (Video)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:43 am
by industrial_girl_2000
dave09 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcgLeqekKJo

She always goes crazy when I show her the food sticks box :)


LOL! That is a very familiar scenario in my house too! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:36 pm
by Muirner
Very cute, i actually stoped talking on the phone and started laughing when he was slapping his hands! I liked the vid.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:44 pm
by Hoooneylynn
Karlyn recognizes her specific food containers too...When I put a can of coke up to the glass, she does nothing. When I show her her food, she goes nuts and goes right to the corner.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:15 pm
by Jayqualin
My RES is always going splash on me whether I feed him or not. It's funny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:45 pm
by CountryGirl68
Tanner does that too. But now, he's started to jump up and splash down - it's almost like a body-slam in water. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:51 pm
by lizard
our guys do that too, upon seeing food, or sometimes just the sight or sound of one of us approaching the tank, if it's hungry time. excellent communication skills, really.

they have us pretty well-trained, and it didn't take long at all. clever little guys, that's for sure.