Page 1 of 3

THE MOTHER OF ALL INDOOR SET-UPS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:24 pm
by N4784N R4613
Well, it will be when I get more money over the sumer. As you can see, I just set it up today. There will be an above tank basking area that will cover the whole top, and most likely go to the roof. I am saving up for two fluval FX5s. Right now I don't have any filters, but it will take forever for my two tiny turtles to "foul-up" the water(I hope). I am raising the water level 2 inchs everyday until I reach the top that way they won't get to up-set going form 15 inchs, to 31!! Then I will rig-up a above tank basking spot until I can build the real one.

Here is there old 29 gallon set-up...
Image

And, here is the new 240 gallon set-up(it is a working progress)...
Image

Here is the basking ramp(that I got from the old above tank basking spot)...
Image

This is right under the basking ramp...
Image

This is in the middle...
Image

This is across the tank...
Image

Diesel is so happy!!!
Image

And Tank just wants another fish :lol: ...
Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:47 pm
by Tenodera
WHOA!! I've never bought a tank larger than 20 gallons yet, so I can't even COMPREHEND how big that is! Your turtles must REALLY love you now!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:50 pm
by zero_tails
240 gallons o_0 wow........im jealous XD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:45 pm
by Rocky YBS
o.m.g 240 gallons!
i have 120gallons but 240.
its a pallace for turts.
they must love you 2 pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:49 pm
by Starchick
WOW! Mike's mom just bought a 120 and it looks like a small pond to me, so that's amazing! I love that you've got a dock and a turtle log, and the greek palace that I decided would take up too much space in my tank, and yet your turts still have more than enough room! They must be having so much fun!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:17 pm
by DavidY
Very nice! Your turts are going to be busy exploring for quite some time! :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:19 pm
by SpotsMama
Beautiful! Very colorful and spacious! Your turtles must be delighted!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:29 am
by Breigh
Holy mother of god that's a big tank, I'm jealous!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:00 am
by N4784N R4613
Thanks for the comments. Just so you know, there is a turtle in every pic, except the one with the root, he swam behind the root right before I took the pic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:46 pm
by grey goose
Pic #3 is hysterical! I had to stare at it for a minute before spotting the turtle! :P Very nice setup.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:30 pm
by Hoooneylynn
woah :shock: awesome setup, your turt looks so small in there! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:10 pm
by Spookster
You should build a nice above tank basking area on that one and fill the water all the way up. They would feel like they are swimming in a lake.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:21 pm
by DavidY
grey goose wrote:Pic #3 is hysterical! I had to stare at it for a minute before spotting the turtle! :P Very nice setup.


Yea, he looks so lost in there! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:33 pm
by steve
Great job!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:05 am
by N4784N R4613
Spookster wrote:You should build a nice above tank basking area on that one and fill the water all the way up. They would feel like they are swimming in a lake.


Lol, that is the plan, as I stated in my first post, "There will be an above tank basking area that will cover the whole top, and most likely go to the roof." :D

I just need to save up some money. :)