Page 1 of 2
Baby Turtle Ever

Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 6:32 pm
by BabyTurtleEver
Hope this works. Here's Baby Turtle Ever's home as it stands today:
Here's Turtle him/her/itself:
And here's the reason why I need a lid for Turtle's tank:
I know the tank's not up to par...I'm working on it.


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 6:39 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
Gravel is a big no no when it comes to turtles. The reason for that is because if your turtle eats it and is unable to pass it, it can cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of xrays and vet visits and possible death..

So many turtles have died because of gravel, i highly suggest to take ALL the gravel out ASAP.
Your turtle's cute


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 6:42 pm
by BabyTurtleEver
Man, I don't know ANYTHING about turtles! Thanks for the tip.

Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 6:44 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
Dont say that, we all were in your position at one point. You will learn soon enough, trust me..


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 7:23 pm
by Turtle_Turtle
yeah u better get that lid soon


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 7:28 pm
by SpotsMama
Kitty thinks a nice turtle snack would be good about now! Yes - you do need a lid!
I trained my two very curious kitties not to mess with the turtle tank by squirting them with a water bottle every time they went near it. Didn't take long.
Your turtle is adorable. Looks healthy too.
And yes, about that gravel, very very dangerous. There have been a lot of sad threads on here from people whose turtles ate gravel.

Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 8:08 pm
by BabyTurtleEver
So I just spent about an hour de-gravel-ifying the tank. Phew. Hard work, but totally worth it. I feel better now. I'll be posting more pics as the tank gets more and more turtle friendly.


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 8:18 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
Thats awesome! Without gravel the tank will be easier to clean too!


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 9:44 pm
by scripta_elegans
I love the picture of your kitty leaning into the tank. The relationship between cats and turtles is so funny. When the turtles are babies the cat is a threat to them. When the turtles are full grown they may be more of a threat to the cat!

Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 10:13 pm
by BabyTurtleEver
haha I'd love to see Norman with a full grown RES. I actually do have a screen for the top, but I hate using it because I feel like it filters the light too much. So I use it only when I'm not there to watch the cat.


Posted:
Sat May 26, 2007 11:18 pm
by rayzherup
that white turtle thing, you're only supposed to put the whole thing in for 20 gallons, otherwise it might be to strong? I dunno, i break mine in half. But i could be wrong. lol. did you read the back of the package? also, the turtle might try to eat it! mine did. I'm not sure if that would be harmful, but i kinda covered mine a bit so they wouldn't. You're turtle is sooooooooo cute!

Posted:
Sun May 27, 2007 9:03 pm
by BabyTurtleEver
thanks. I did read it, but I took it to mean that it was for up to twenty gallons. Guess i could be wrong. Wouldn't hurt to break it in half, though, I guess.

Posted:
Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 am
by jenaero
I don't see a lamp? You'll need a heat lamp AND a uvb lamp.

Posted:
Mon May 28, 2007 11:48 am
by BabyTurtleEver
oh, there's a lamp. I had to move it out of the way to get a good picture of the rest of the tank. Don't have a uvb lamp yet (but I take Baby outside to get some sun, when it's warm enough). I'm planning on getting a uvb real soon.

Posted:
Wed May 30, 2007 12:42 am
by RunninWideOpen
LOL, "Turd", love it!!
Sounds like you're on the right track!! What do you have the water temperature at?
And back to your original question....I love the island, looks really neat. What is it made of and how heavy is it? It probably wouldn't be that hard to find a nice big rock for it to sit on.