Other Turtle Discussion :: Anyone else's turtles get restless?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:10 pm   

My male RES gets really upset if he's not allowed out on a regular basis. He follows me around and when he gets tired he goes under the couch and sleeps. When I brought home the rescue turtles I had them all out running around while I set up the tanks and my turtle wanted nothing to do with them! He sulked under the couch until they were all in their tanks and then he came out of his hiding spot.
I've had rescues for awhile now and I keep them in one room so they're not all over the place. I've tried to put my turtle in there a few times but he just sits at the door looking at me, it's like leaving your kid at school! So I have 17 turtles in one room of my house and my loner turtle has his tank set up in the living room. His territory consists of the entire upper floor of my house and he has sacrificed one room for the other turtles but he guards the rest of the house like it's his kingdom. Luckily my cats have no interest in him!
6 inch boy 'Doobie'
8.5 inch girl 'Shelby'
8 inch girl 'Terrapin'
18 rescue RES
3 cats (Friday, Jay, Tyson)
2 rabbits (Cloe, Dutchess)
LittleResQNorth

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 am   

Lol, mine used to get restless when they were very, very young, like under 2 inches.

Now... Hurricane has high energy, all the time, but never restless. It's like he/she has ADHD.
Spike - Egyptian mau mix, 8 years old
Phryne - Japanese bobtail, 9 months old
Hurricane - RES, 8 yo, 6 1/2 in. long
Typhoon - RES/Map hybrid, 8 yo, 7 in. long
Sadie - RES, 20 yo, 10 in. long
Sophie - Colombian red tail boa, 5 yo, 5 ft. long
theartbook35

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:15 am   Re: Anyone else's turtles get restless?

TheBean wrote:So yesterday, the wife and I were home most of the day and we kept hearing Bean climb up and down his ramp and try to climb up the side of the tank almost all day. Every time I looked in, he was swimming fast around the tank. So we decided to let him out to roam around the house. It'd been a while since he'd been out. I got him out, dried him off, put him down and OMG! He took off like a TURBO TURTLE! For like 2 hours!!! He was going full turtle speed all over the place!

It was cute too because at first, he seemed angry when I first got him out, but after 10 minutes or so, he followed the wife and I all over the house like a puppy!

Anyone else's turtles just NEED to get out and play every once in a while?

Both of mine are like that :)

And they are jelous of each other. When I play with Kame and let Kroten inside her tank, she would climb up and down to get notice. Kame is also doing the same thing whenever she sees me playing with kroten.

And this happened recently, I haven'y upload the picture yet because my PC is being repaired, Kame was sleeping on my leg and Kroten decided to climb on my foot as well...so I had Kame on my right leg and Kroten on my left foot :love:
My Baby Turtles:
Kame : My spoiled one (R.I.P)
Kroten : My beautiful RES
Papoe : My Emydura Schultzei (Pink Belly Short Necked Turtle)
Kurome : My Chinemys Revesii (Chinese Three Keeled Pond Turtle)
Underneath The Shell
Youtube
novroz

Post Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:58 pm   

lol, when i take my turtles outside, "hunter" skyrockets across,lol, I could barely keep up![/img]
2 res
hunter:small,male (I think), adhd turtle,never goes in shell, almost went down my gutter (but got stuck), ferocious hunter. STATUS= QUESTIONS, VERY HEALTHY (??)
sleepy:largest,female (I think), goes in her shell when picked up, eats ANYTHING.
turtle man

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:04 am   Re: Anyone else's turtles get restless?

When Yertle gets restless, I put him in his hamster ball and let him roam around the living room. His new favorite thing is to purposefully roll into the dogs (we have 3: a cavachon, shih tzu, and pug) when the dogs are sleeping on the floor. The pug loves the turtle sooo much and he watches Yertz when he rolls around.

1926303_10153813053915576_1685435384_o.jpg
Last edited by theshupirate07 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 RES - Yertle (March 31, 2010)
theshupirate07

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 am   Re: Anyone else's turtles get restless?

Here's a pic of Louie (the pug) watching his best friend swim!

1972368_10153885394200576_312908112_n.jpg

This happens almost every day. It's hilariously adorable.
1 RES - Yertle (March 31, 2010)
theshupirate07

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:41 am   Re: Anyone else's turtles get restless?

My Skimmer is driving me nuts with all the banging on the glass and tearing up his tank. I take him out, and all he does is crawl right back to where his tank is and tries to climb up the wall to get back in. Grrrrrrr.. Who ever thought a turtle could be so annoying?!!
Into_the_Mystic

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:38 am   Re: Anyone else's turtles get restless?

I found some turtles especially when adults want more attention. If skimmer has some age , not a baby , offer him some things in the tank to investigate . Most babies don't like change but I found adults love it. My Piggley loves changes but not his favorites or the look I get when they are moved. Then I watch him push them back to wear he wants them , he's strong. Who's got who trained ? He went into that stage at 4 years old. I also played a little extra with him helps. I get his full attention when I read to him , he loves that. What really helped is his TV I leave it on all the time which he loves too ! Stopped all that tearing his tank up.
litefoot

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion